Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Socket wouldn't unlock at supercharger on 44.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I topped off a bit at the a nearby supercharger while visiting relatives out of town. When I tried to disconnect the light flashed white for easily less than a second and then back to blue. No matter how many times I tried it did this and wouldn't release the plug.

A tried stopping charging and unlocking from the screen and phone, it would stop but not unlock. Rebooted, same thing.

I was finally able to free it by timing the button press with yanking the plug out quickly, but it's more than a little concerning, I have two plug in at least once or twice more before I get home. Is this a known issue and any solutions?

You aren’t supposed to press and release the button. Somehow this idea is taking hold. The documentation says ‘hold the button down until the ring/T turns white and then remove the wand’.

Some YouTubes have the press and remove but that only works if you are lucky or have good timing.

You have to hold the button which gets the solenoid to be held in the open position reliably.

• Informative
Reactions: BobAbooey