Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update 2023.2.12 connecting issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have issues with connecting your phone to your Tesla after updating to 2023.2.12? I did the regular phone reboot and car reboot ( pressing the scroll wheels). I noticed that its harder and take longer to connect to my car

Anyone have issues with connecting your phone to your Tesla after updating to 2023.2.12? I did the regular phone reboot and car reboot ( pressing the scroll wheels). I noticed that its harder and take longer to connect to my car
Yes! Lost both of our phone connections, lost our Homelink connection and now the garage door is opening on its own, sometimes at night!. I've had to disable the garage door opener since I don't want the entire world to be able to help themselves to my contents. Lots of other smaller issues. Lost my driver profiles and had to re-establish seat and mirror positions. This is the first time I've had real problems with an update. I'm going to wait to install from now on.

• Informative
Reactions: Whoze
I do have the connecting with phone issue after the update. Tried phone reboot, login logout, car reboot but nothing work. It still take forever to connect get car connection showing up on phone.

Yes
Lost name, all settings, locked out by phone.
I usually keep my key card in my wallet in the car.
Fortunately, today I had my wallet outside of the car.

I swear some of the changes the engineers make to the software are simply to justify their salaries and positions.
Why move *sugar* around so you can't find it??

It might be more advantageous to focus on testing software before it goes out, so as not to have massive mess-ups like this.
I was just musing today about how solid my Tesla updates have been over the years.
And Voila! Should have kept my mind shut!

Well, I guess Tesla engineers are joining the ranks of VW, FORD, GM, SAMSUNG and APPLE!
What a shame.

Another update tonight. Hopefully with corrections. Geez! Some heads need to roll. Consequences. Free charging day for all!

Yes! Lost both of our phone connections, lost our Homelink connection and now the garage door is opening on its own, sometimes at night!. I've had to disable the garage door opener since I don't want the entire world to be able to help themselves to my contents. Lots of other smaller issues. Lost my driver profiles and had to re-establish seat and mirror positions. This is the first time I've had real problems with an update. I'm going to wait to install from now on.
You can also choose “Standard” for your update preference and then would get more stable updates instead of the latest:

“You can adjust your software update preferences by tapping ‘Controls’ > ‘Software’ > ‘Software Update Preference.’ You can select between ‘ADVANCED’ or ‘STANDARD.’”