Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solar inverter changed prior to install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought Deltas were as good or better than SE We have 2 M4s and they seem to work well. We have a 4 kW and an 8 kW unit. No microinverters since we have a Solarroof.

Our Delta inverter has been performing fine, but has a super-annoying high-pitched whine at 16 kHz that basically makes our back deck unbearable when the sun is shining. I've been pestering them for months to do something about it, but it's "within spec" and they haven't been able to get any response from Delta...

• Informative
Reactions: nwdiver
Our Delta inverter has been performing fine, but has a super-annoying high-pitched whine at 16 kHz that basically makes our back deck unbearable when the sun is shining. I've been pestering them for months to do something about it, but it's "within spec" and they haven't been able to get any response from Delta...
I can see how that would be a problem. I have tinnitus and hear a high frequency whine most of the time. Another reason not to ever get old or get exposed to loud noises.

Can you have the inverter moved?

I can see how that would be a problem. I have tinnitus and hear a high frequency whine most of the time. Another reason not to ever get old or get exposed to loud noises.

Can you have the inverter moved?

In this case, I kind of wish I had gone to more rock concerts so I couldn't hear it ;)

Moving it would likely be impractical. Once I can get someone out, they're very reasonable and have good customer service. They told me they're going to try to find a replacement in their warehouse to see if that helps, because apparently Delta says it's operating 'in spec'

Reactions: jboy210
Any luck with the high pitch whine? On my Delta install the whine was coming from the rapid shutdown modules on the roof, not the inverter. (I've since replaced them with another brand of rapid disconnect and am much happier)