Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solar panels are not producing power

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I gave you the number I had in the other thread you asked the question in. No idea if it is available on the weekend. With that being said, if you havent noticed lack of production since early July, what about this situation is an emergency?
My mother, 96, is in hospice care. Fear of losing power. Batteries show empty. Will try to charge them but app doesn’t seem to be working properly. It is the latest version July 2022. Perhaps the change to update the app caused the app issue. As of early am on July 8 the solar power report on the chart/graph is completely nil.
Thank you for your quick reply. I now have a September 23 tech visit as of this early am.
I did not know of the lack of solar power. I did not receive an email as I did in May 2021 when there was another problem that Tesla detected. I discovered this failure when I looked at the app re another issue, we had a power outage reported by PGE and also clocks needed to be reset. It occurred when I was not in the house. That’s when I looked at the app to see when and how long the outage was. The outage did not show in my history on the app. And that’s when I looked at the app “house picture” and I discovered no solar since July. Fortunately we have not had a Power shutdown by PGE. I have since charged from the grid.
Does Solar Edge app send notifications if your panels are not producing?
Where else can I get notifications ? Maybe I need to check why I did not receive the recent notification from Tesla. How do I check to see if my email is still there and correct. I have never received a text from Tesla, not even today when my appointment was scheduled. I received an email and I confirmed the date in my app where I was directed to go to do so. So the app does work.
I also followed the online instructions to reset the inverter and there was no change to the app. Still no solar. Battery charge from grid does show that PWs are now charged.

Last edited:
My mother, 96, is in hospice care. Fear of losing power. Batteries show empty. Will try to charge them but app doesn’t seem to be working properly. It is the latest version July 2022. Perhaps the change to update the app caused the app issue. As of early am on July 8 the solar power report on the chart/graph is completely nil.
Thank you for your quick reply. I now have a September 23 tech visit as of this early am.
The first thing I always ask when a customer loses readings from the solar or house loads, is whether there have been network changes, or a new router around the time of the drop out. Try switching the enable switch on the side of the powerwall next. Switch it off, then on. Also check for tripped breakers, though if one is tripped you probably don't want to turn it back on.

Reactions: BGbreeder

If the app isnt working properly, I would look into that as its possible that everything actually is working but you need to re log into the app or something. Doesnt sound like this is the case if they are sending a technician, but in the meantime you can go through the information that tesla has on its website for Troubleshooting the equipment if you havent already.

The inverter now has one solid green light. This morning it had a solid blue light. Later in the morning it had a blinking green light.

It never has the solid blue and green lights at the same time as the tech on the phone said it should have.

yYesterday I did all the steps on the Troubleshooting instructions on the Tesla website. Nothing changed .
The lights / never both came on together. It alternates as above.

ALSO. Can you help me with instructions on how to get emails from Tesla re solar and Powerwall “problems”
as well as emails when you reply to my posts. I have all the boxes checked on the website for my acount but am not receiving any emails.
Also does Solar Edge send emails or texts when your solar panels aren’t working?
Thank you

ALSO. Can you help me with instructions on how to get emails from Tesla re solar and Powerwall “problems”
as well as emails when you reply to my posts. I have all the boxes checked on the website for my acount but am not receiving any emails.
Also does Solar Edge send emails or texts when your solar panels aren’t working?
Thank you

If this is directed at me, unfortunately I am not able to help you with either of those. I am a volunteer moderator, so not officially affiliated, and I dont use those functions (notification when people reply to a thread). I would suggest looking through those options there, but I am not able to help further than that as I dont know.

I also dont have solar edge myself, so cant answer that question either. I have notifications on in the tesla app. Maybe someone else can assist you with the solar edge question.

The inverter now has one solid green light. This morning it had a solid blue light. Later in the morning it had a blinking green light.

It never has the solid blue and green lights at the same time as the tech on the phone said it should have.

yYesterday I did all the steps on the Troubleshooting instructions on the Tesla website. Nothing changed .
The lights / never both came on together. It alternates as above.

Thank you
I don't think this system has email notification by email. I do have to open the web page to see responses to a message in that bell. There may be a system between two members in private and may get email notification. Tesla does send email of issues as I received one not long ago, but it was well after my issue was and issue went away. So, if I had a real issue, good luck getting a quick email notification..

You may want to call Solar Edge and ask if you can be notified by them if there is an issue, if they have monitoring in place. They may not do that.

Another suggestion is to turn on your app daily and see if things are working.

ps. another suggestion is to check your PG&E meter if it is counting backwards when you should be sending excess energy back to the grid, like in the afternoon on a good sunny day.

Reactions: LadyLion
My Tesla solar has produced very little power since Dec 12th. We had few sunny days, I have been checking my app. I do not see power being generated. Any one has a support number to call Tesla<

You can try 877-961-7652 which is the number I have for Tesla Energy support, but I am not sure if that is for powerwalls or solar.