Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solar Water heater for ~$1500!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you use hot water... you should really have one of these. Practically a drop-in replacement with the exception of the required condensate drain. And they're currently on sale for ~$1500. The sale usually lasts a month or so and occurs twice a year.

They use ~70% less energy than a traditional water heater.

Wonder if you know how loud this is, it says 45 dB also my current hot water heater is in a closet next to my HVAC unit and wondering if there is enough air to draw thru the fan.

True story - he (Mr VVSE) told me this himself.

Quite a few decades ago, a Very Very Senior Executive at Rheem just happened to be in one of their offices (I think it was Toronto or Montreal, but the venue matters not at all) when someone literally came into the executive offices from off the street (pretty neat that the receptionists and secretaries &c let this guy through...I’ve always thought they must have been egging the guy on!) and said, anent a certain roadside billboard the contents of which were extremely familiar to all, “Why would you want to heat hot water?”

Rheem changed their billboard, and entire marketing campaign, over the next 48 hours.

True story - he (Mr VVSE) told me this himself.

Quite a few decades ago, a Very Very Senior Executive at Rheem just happened to be in one of their offices (I think it was Toronto or Montreal, but the venue matters not at all) when someone literally came into the executive offices from off the street (pretty neat that the receptionists and secretaries &c let this guy through...I’ve always thought they must have been egging the guy on!) and said, anent a certain roadside billboard the contents of which were extremely familiar to all, “Why would you want to heat hot water?”

Rheem changed their billboard, and entire marketing campaign, over the next 48 hours.
If my water heater were cold, something is wrong...
I also prefer hot incandescent bulbs and hot boilers.
;)