Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solutions for Headsets for kids in the back seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got three kids in the back, and I'm tired of listening to Peppa Pig/Paw Patrol/whatever cartoon they're into that particular day. Can I connect three bluetooth headsets to the car? Alternatively, is there an audio out port? Does the USB ports output audio? Anyone have suggestions for a three port splitter? TIA!

Just don't let them have a device while in the car?

Or educate then on your music taste
Yep, this is how I grew up. My music choices were whatever my parents listened to. Crazy, they survived and I survived these times without iPads, car screens and no headphones, until the Sony walkman was released. 🤪 We didn’t allow our kids to watch movies in the car. This is such a great time opportunity for conversation because they can’t just go into there room and as you say “ educate them on our music taste”.;)

I've got three kids in the back, and I'm tired of listening to Peppa Pig/Paw Patrol/whatever cartoon they're into that particular day. Can I connect three bluetooth headsets to the car? Alternatively, is there an audio out port? Does the USB ports output audio? Anyone have suggestions for a three port splitter? TIA!
Have not researched a solution. Each kid on an iPad with headphones was our solution. Better have all your games and movies downloaded before the trip. And anything needing internet just wasn’t happening.

Thanks all. Yeah, I've tried not allowing them to watch TV in the car, but there's only so much you can do when the TV is right in front of their faces. Best compromise I can do is only if we're parked at a supercharger. It was a lot easier 20+ years ago when the option doesn't exist. It's like not giving a teenager a cell phone these days. I'm sure it's possible, but that's more the exception rather the rule.

As for giving them iPads, I'm avoiding that as well. That's not something I can physically control from the front seat, and I only want them to have audio anyways. Guess I'll have to fall back to plan B, which is ear plugs for myself.