Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some tiny exterior scratches, what to do?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have some small scratches on the front bumper, and some tiny similar ones around the car. I think it’s from small stones ok the motorway.

Should I leave them until I can do enough of them in one go or before I sell? Or should I get them seen too straight away? Do Tesla service sort them or will I need to go somewhere 3rd party?

Thanks

Attachments

• AF2ABE64-7DF0-46D5-B998-4FB4F04AB1A7.jpeg
    AF2ABE64-7DF0-46D5-B998-4FB4F04AB1A7.jpeg
    201.1 KB · Views: 91
  • 56ED4D5C-DA60-40AE-95AF-45E28AAD4A80.jpeg
    56ED4D5C-DA60-40AE-95AF-45E28AAD4A80.jpeg
    268.3 KB · Views: 51
2021 EMEA Model 3? If so, assuming the car is about 1-1.5 years old and if so, yes, you will accumulate more of these as the km rack up, especially motorway km.

The bumper skin is plastic so no need to take action until you are about to sell, or cant stand the endless array of craters anymore (or not at all). Purely cosmetic.

The hood, fenders, etc are another story, and there you will want to at least clean and touch-up the damage to avoid rust or other problens.

May be worthwhile to have a local shop have a go and tackle these rock chips, nicks and clearcoat swirls for you. A good shop will make quick work of it and do so at a fairly inexpensive rate (vs later repairs or full prep/respray).