Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Soon To Be New Tesla Owner Conflicted On Purchase Choice

Which would you take if price is negligible?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everything will be the same. You'll get free unlimited supercharger regardless of where you purchase from.

Only certain vehicles come with free unlimited supercharging. All Teslas may use the superchargers, but most pay for the electricity on a per use basis. If that is important to you, be sure to clarify on the specific car as to whether it comes with free supercharging, and whether that is for a limited time period, or a limited number of kw.

Well I survived, what a great experience. I settled in and let the route planner dictate the stops and just stayed longer and got more juice than required. 13 hours later, the 70D was parked in my drive. the experience was beyond my expectations and the autopilot...knowing that AP1 has been improved; well that is just scary. Thanks for the advise.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Everything will be the same. You'll get free unlimited supercharger regardless of where you purchase from.

The only think you get with Tesla is some warranty coverage, but you can buy that from X-Care also.

That’s not quite true. No unlimited supercharging if you purchase from a 3rd party dealer (rather than private party which is fine).

• Disagree
Reactions: Cheburashka
I hate to be a bother, but i figured you all would have more knowledge than I.
I have two Tesla Model S's at a dealer I am looking at, roughly the same price. One is a 2013 P85+, the other is a 2014 85. the P85+ has about 4000 miles less. KBB puts the 2014 at a much higher value, but that seems odd to me, as the only thing it has going for it is one model year newer.
What would you do and why? Would you spring for the more powerful P85+? or would you stick with KBB's valuation and go with the newer 2014?

The only other big difference besides performance / ride will be tire consumption. The P85+ not only has much stiffer suspension, but will also chew through the low profile, staggered tire setup in roughly 1/2 the miles. Like around 12 K mikes in some cases depending on driving conditions.

That’s not quite true. No unlimited supercharging if you purchase from a 3rd party dealer (rather than private party which is fine).

I don't think your statement is correct. As long as you aren't purchasing a used car directly from Tesla then it should include unlimited supercharging, regardless of whether you purchased the car privately or through a used-car dealer. Tesla can only remove unlimited supercharging from cars that they own -- this is discussed in another thread specific to the topic :)