Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sorry quick question about full self driving retro fit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
you maybe right, confused also, but when I check in my car tells me I have FSD Computer, it looks like I have HW3 as well, I'll take it, I told them when I picked up my car that I believed I owed them 2500.00 they told me it was already paid for.
If you bought FSD (software) in the past, the HW3 upgrade is indeed "free", and it is reported to "work ok" with MCU1. However if you buy the additional MCU2 hardware upgrade ($2500+tax) it really makes the car and FSD "sing". So much faster and more responsive. As other have said "it feels like a whole new car now". I agree.

here is what I bought,

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 5.21.31 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 5.21.31 PM.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 46
I think your right. I always treat the service staff very good, I never give them a hard time, never complain when a part doesn't come in, as long as the car drives nice, when they did my refit a part for my door didn't come in, and the forgot to fix one thing, that was KO, will bring the car back when part comes in, I gave them all mask with Tesla logo on them, sometimes I bring them T-Shirts with Tesla logos, once I brought donuts to them, I was 30 min. early for 8am. and I always bring back there loaner car, washed and very clean with a tire shine. They always take very good care of me. I believe if you treat people nice, it will pay off. I know how it can get, I'm in business also.

Reactions: viper2ko