Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

South Florida Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To all those who live in South Florida, how much are you guys paying on insurance for a Model Y? I know there are different factors to consider but I’m just curious what kind of numbers you guys are getting. I have Geico and they just quoted me $257 a month. Just wanted to compare and see if that is high, low or just about right. Thanks!

It really depends where in SFL, as sometimes just living one zip code over can impact insurance rates dramatically. While I don't live in SFL currently (in NWF atm), I would say that's fairly accurate, given my previous experience living in SFL.

To all those who live in South Florida, how much are you guys paying on insurance for a Model Y? I know there are different factors to consider but I’m just curious what kind of numbers you guys are getting. I have Geico and they just quoted me $257 a month. Just wanted to compare and see if that is high, low or just about right. Thanks!
I had Geico for 6 years on my Jeep Cherokee but they wanted $150/mo. for my Model Y. I'm paying approximately $100/mo. with Progressive (when paid in advance). This will most likely decrease when my period using the Snapshot app is done. I live in Cutler Bay.

I had Geico for 6 years on my Jeep Cherokee but they wanted $150/mo. for my Model Y. I'm paying approximately $100/mo. with Progressive (when paid in advance). This will most likely decrease when my period using the Snapshot app is done. I live in Cutler Bay.
Thanks for the response! Yeah I’m looking at progressive as well. I shopped around a bit and they seem to be the lowest. Geico was out of their minds. They wanted $1500 for a 6 month premium for just the Tesla. Sucks because I’ve been with them for 11 years but time for a change lol I’m 34, no accidents or tickets so I was shocked when I got that quote. I knew my insurance was going to go up but wasn’t expecting that crazy number. Progressive quoted me about what you have, about $100 a month.