Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 and Model X insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I had Geico, they quoted me I think like $400-500 per month when I got my M3P. I went with Tesla and it was like $150ish? It slowly went up but I sold the 3 and got a MX75D and the rate is actually very similar. I was actually shocked that the insurance rate was basically the same.

We have Geico for our car insurance. Currently we pay $756 (6 months) for our 23MXLR and $715 for our 18 Model 3 LR RWD. It just boggles my mind how little difference there is between them. What are you paying?
Dang, that's crazy numbers to me for your new X. Can you provide some background information about yourself and the coverage limits?
Thanks!

We have Geico for our car insurance. Currently we pay $756 (6 months) for our 23MXLR and $715 for our 18 Model 3 LR RWD. It just boggles my mind how little difference there is between them. What are you paying?
Very similar here on Geico with top 500k coverage limits… just sold my 3, but was surprised how little difference there was in coverage considering MSRP differences.

I’m here in NJ which is a pretty expensive insurance state, married, high 30’s / low 40’s drivers (wife and I), clean records, defensive driver certs for both of us, 10k miles a year usage on all.

One thing I noticed is that the collision deductible makes a big difference on Tesla quotes, and considering how expensive they are to repair it only makes sense to have that deductible a little higher anyways IMO. Even just a bumper and paint is going to cost $1k+ easy.

Vehicle #1 - 2021 Telluride SX Prestige
Vehicle #2 - 2019 Model 3 Performance
Vehicle #3 - 2023 Model X LR

IMG_0065.jpeg

I have an '18 TM3 and a '16 MX and the 3 is MUCH more expensive, I think the issue is that it's a sports car (even though the X has Ludicrous Mode and the 3 is RWD with 5+ second 0-60) while the X is considered a family van with people putting child seats in

Very similar here on Geico with top 500k coverage limits… just sold my 3, but was surprised how little difference there was in coverage considering MSRP differences.

I’m here in NJ which is a pretty expensive insurance state, married, high 30’s / low 40’s drivers (wife and I), clean records, defensive driver certs for both of us, 10k miles a year usage on all.

One thing I noticed is that the collision deductible makes a big difference on Tesla quotes, and considering how expensive they are to repair it only makes sense to have that deductible a little higher anyways IMO. Even just a bumper and paint is going to cost $1k+ easy.

Vehicle #1 - 2021 Telluride SX Prestige
Vehicle #2 - 2019 Model 3 Performance
Vehicle #3 - 2023 Model X LR

View attachment 997932
Dude as a 28 year old with a clean record but 1 accident my insurance is DOUBLE your 6 month premium with 1 car lmfao and Im in new york

• Funny
Reactions: NJturtlePower
Dude as a 28 year old with a clean record but 1 accident my insurance is DOUBLE your 6 month premium with 1 car lmfao and Im in new york
Time to shop around buddy....I would start riding a bike at that price. 😆 There's no loyalty in the insurance game...

I was paying about double this with NJM with lower coverage limits and higher deductibles until I shopped and realized how bad I was getting screwed.

There's no "best" insurance for everyone but with so many options out there and very easy quotes online it's worth it every few years, especially if you're seeing significant increases each renewal.

Time to shop around buddy....I would start riding a bike at that price. 😆 There's no loyalty in the insurance game...

I was paying about double this with NJM with lower coverage limits and higher deductibles until I shopped and realized how bad I was getting screwed.

There's no "best" insurance for everyone but with so many options out there and very easy quotes online it's worth it every few years, especially if you're seeing significant increases each renewal.
I shopped quite a bit maybe I need to reach out to the non popular insurance companies. I really can't find much better currently. I'm using Amica. Gieco is crazy expensive right now for me, Progressive wont even touch my Tesla they said, Statefarm/allstate/travelers hefty pennies

It can always be a lot worse. I think on one of the Facebook groups a guy posted about his insurance increase to I think $700 per month, it was $400 something before. That was from Tesla insurance and he said no other company would insure him due to his record. That's basically a second car payment for him to insure his car.

It can always be a lot worse. I think on one of the Facebook groups a guy posted about his insurance increase to I think $700 per month, it was $400 something before. That was from Tesla insurance and he said no other company would insure him due to his record. That's basically a second car payment for him to insure his car.
Ironically enough they just sent me my renewal papers last night and it dropped 800 bucks I would say for my record and what I'm seeing I'm pretty happy now lol