Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify Not Updating Albums/Playlsts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All my playlists did show up but none of the podcast show.

The issue I am facing when using Spotify is that the same song keeps on repeating even when repeat function is not enabled.

It seems everyone is having different set of problems with Spotify.

After playing with Spotify for a couple of days it does appear that everything does update correctly. The glitch is that when you like a song it will automatically add the artist to your library as opposed to on the phone app that it does not. As to the podcast?’s in order to add them you have to put them on a playlist but they will not update automatically. Overall, very happy with Spotify in the car. Certainly much better than slacker and even better than using Apple Music through the Bluetooth

After playing with Spotify for a couple of days...Overall, very happy with Spotify in the car. Certainly much better than slacker and even better than using Apple Music through the Bluetooth

Can you elaborate ? I have been using Apple Music (Family plan) for a long time and I am also paying for SXM. I was planning on trying out Spotify (Premium) for 3 months in the car, but it seems as if I have already done that a few years so not eligible for the 3 months free trial....)

Being able to control / select music through the big screen would be much better than using my phone through BT while driving (which of course is not allowed) but would curious on your thoughts / input.

As a new premium trial user after adding a bunch of albums to my library nothing was showing in the car. I was surprised to find an album showing up in the list in my car this morning. It turns out that I liked a track last night in the desktop app, and that triggered the album, artist, and that particular song to appear in the car interface. As Msolomi mentioned, to get an album to show up in the car you must like a song from the desired album in the desktop app.

Is there anyway to get the Artist, or Albums or Songs to show in Alpha Order in the car? From what I am seeing it seems to just show them in a random order (maybe in the order I liked them???). Makes it hard to find what you might be looking for.

Can you elaborate ? I have been using Apple Music (Family plan) for a long time and I am also paying for SXM. I was planning on trying out Spotify (Premium) for 3 months in the car, but it seems as if I have already done that a few years so not eligible for the 3 months free trial....)

Being able to control / select music through the big screen would be much better than using my phone through BT while driving (which of course is not allowed) but would curious on your thoughts / input.
In my opinion, it worth the $10 per month to be able to use the interface directly from the car than Apple Music thorough Iphone.

When I switch between my PC and my phone if I'm listening on my PC and switch to my phone it'll play the same song at the same position on my phone. Is this possible using tesla spotify app?

Also why does the spotify app for tesla have a weird mark above the O in spotify?

After playing with Spotify for a couple of days it does appear that everything does update correctly. The glitch is that when you like a song it will automatically add the artist to your library as opposed to on the phone app that it does not. As to the podcast?’s in order to add them you have to put them on a playlist but they will not update automatically. Overall, very happy with Spotify in the car. Certainly much better than slacker and even better than using Apple Music through the Bluetooth
I also have the problem that my Playlists added but my Albums didn't. In the car, I did a Search, found the album, Saved It, it then showed in my Albums, but the next time I was in the car, it was gone. Are you saying if I go in and "like" an Artist (from my missing Albums) the Albums will add? All Albums from that artist or just the ones on my Account?

My albums simply do not show up using Spotify Premium in my 2019 X.

If they continue to stay hidden, I will simply cancel my Spotify account. Tesla has so many options and Spotify will survive without me.

Spotify support is just as hard to find as my albums!! I am mystified my Spotify!

I just purchased Spotify Premium but it doesn't sync my albums. It only shows the artists that I liked. The interface in the car doesn't work well at all. As the way it works now I'm not sure if it's worth $10/month. I can't drive and search for my music every time I get in the car. I also just purchased slacker. They have a deal going on now where you can purchased the premium Slacker account for $10/yr. That's way cheaper than Spotify which like I said is $10/month.

Rebooting the car computer did the job for me. Just hold in both steering wheel buttons until the screen goes black. You still drive and in a couple of minutes when it loads back up, just click Spotify and it should load from the cloud with your updated lists.