Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Apple Music... gapless song transition?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys

I've just joined the fold with a new Model 3. Happy to see that there's a native app for Apple Music, which is our preferred streaming service.

It all seems pretty slick, although it looks like it doesn't let you store albums or playlists on the device (it streams everything... might be tricky for out-of-coverage trips!).

But the other day I was listening to an album that has seamless transitions between some of the tracks. With Apple Music in the car, it seems that it still has gaps between the songs. When playing this album on my iPhone directly, the seamless transitions work perfectly.

Does anyone know if there are any settings I can change to make this work? (And while I'm here... any way to keep some of my tracks and playlists stored locally in the car?).

And one last question... if these features aren't available for Apple Music, is the Spotify app in the Tesla any better?

Thanks guys!
Mike

I don't have these issues regarding gaps between tracks with Apple Music. Tidal lets you store locally. For this reason it's still the best option for sound quality when playing stored music. I'm not sure why Tesla hasn't allowed that for Apple Music or Spotify.