Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Squeaky refresh falcon wing door trim panel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

everydaychris

Feb 10, 2020
CA
Hello!
So I know if the issue where the actual falcon wing door runs on the body and seal causing squeaking.
For me however it seems the issue is the door panel inside.

I tried lookin on how to remove the piece in the service manual but it seems to only show how to remove the wood trim.

I tried spraying the cracks with silicone spray and I tried putting a piece of paper in between the white trim and black trim but it still squeaks like crazy.

Has anyone tried removing the trim? I’m scared to open a service ticket because they seem to always do more harm then good haha.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    360.2 KB · Views: 549
Hey @everydaychris. I enjoy your YouTube videos. I have this super annoying creaking/squeaking noise on my 2022 Model X Plaid that I have taken to the Dallas SC at least 3 times for. The last time clips were broken and they took a while to get parts in to repair. Each time it seems to improve for like MAAAAYBE 24-48 hours before the problem returns.

Have you been able to keep the squeaking away since March 2023 with your felt tape solution? I'm considering applying some silicone grease as per another thread on squeaking from Refresh Model X FWD from this thread Rubbing noise from falcon wing doors when driving.

Hello!
So I know if the issue where the actual falcon wing door runs on the body and seal causing squeaking.
For me however it seems the issue is the door panel inside.

I tried lookin on how to remove the piece in the service manual but it seems to only show how to remove the wood trim.

I tried spraying the cracks with silicone spray and I tried putting a piece of paper in between the white trim and black trim but it still squeaks like crazy.

Has anyone tried removing the trim? I’m scared to open a service ticket because they seem to always do more harm then good haha.
@everydaychris how’s this holding up?

This has been driving me mad as well. It began to sound like someone was making balloon animals in the back of my wife's car.

I followed @everydaychris location but with a slight modification that is less noticeable and still works for me.

In the same general area I stuck a piece of friction tape (bought it to stop the back seats ratting on my Model S!) along the door edge but tucked it under the black plastic trim.

It's barely noticeable and stops the balloon animals being made.

This has been driving me mad as well. It began to sound like someone was making balloon animals in the back of my wife's car.

I followed @everydaychris location but with a slight modification that is less noticeable and still works for me.

In the same general area I stuck a piece of friction tape (bought it to stop the back seats ratting on my Model S!) along the door edge but tucked it under the black plastic trim.

It's barely noticeable and stops the balloon animals being made.
haha balloon animals is EXACTLY how I felt. Glad you got it fixed. Now to fix the random weird creaking of interior trim the car makes when it starts to move.