Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Strange behaviour opening doors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ran into a strange behaviour with my X 2017 (141000 km). I was leaving from my warm garage with a range of 75%. Everything was working just fine. I drove roughly 10km and parked the car outside, no issues. After aprox. 1h i returned to the car and tried to open the falcon wing door. Opening was happening very, very slowly and did stop before half way. No obstacles was in the way. To me it seemed liked that the motor opening the door was not getting enough of power to open the door. Same observation could also be seen when I tried to open the front door. Automatic door did not get enough of power to open nor close the door automatically. No errors in service mode. No abnormalities during driving home with the car. I parked back in my garage and all doors were opening perfectly.....it's currently pretty cold in Finland ~-23 celsius degrees.

I have been doing some reading and in some thread somebody mentioned that 12V battery is bad and needs to be replaced?

Anybody having some good ideas what could be the issue I'm facing?

Are you still on your original battery? Might be time for a new one, especially if it's lead acid.

About 4 months ago, my wife's '18 Buick's battery was low enough where the car would not run. It still had the original battery. In her case, the problem was the start/stop technology was using the starter a lot and the old battery didn't have the capacity for that, leaving her stranded with strange errors that didn't make sense, like key fob not detected.