Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR charge to 100%, Multiple charge cycles ok?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Definitely confirmed. My SR had been an SR+ for 3 months. Charged to 100% to test 238/240 miles and regen was not working. 2 weeks ago they finally downgraded me to SR @ 220. I charge that sucker to 100% every night. Regen works perfectly at 100% SoC because its just software locked.

That's pretty definitive. Thanks!

BTW, since you are getting 92% of the true battery, you might not want to charge to its 100% marker, except occasionally.
Perhaps charge to the 97% marker, as equivalent to 90% on a SR+, or 95% if that's easier.

Definitely confirmed. My SR had been an SR+ for 3 months. Charged to 100% to test 238/240 miles and regen was not working. 2 weeks ago they finally downgraded me to SR @ 220. I charge that sucker to 100% every night. Regen works perfectly at 100% SoC because its just software locked.

Now that you have been converted to the SR, how big of a difference is the power? Does it feel much slower?

That's pretty definitive. Thanks!

BTW, since you are getting 92% of the true battery, you might not want to charge to its 100% marker, except occasionally.
Perhaps charge to the 97% marker, as equivalent to 90% on a SR+, or 95% if that's easier.

I think we're still assuming that the lock is 100% on the top-end (which might be a safe assumption) ... but technically they could have locked out some portion on the bottom end AND the top end ... so "100%" might be more or less than 92%.

There's also the possibility I think @Zoomit raised (in another thread?) that they could have changed the consumption constant as well ... so the new "220" might not be at the same "EPA rate" as the old "240" ... this could mess with the numbers as well.

If I had an SR I'd probably play it safe and call 95% my new "90%" level for daily max (and still aim for ~70% personally for daily use and guess that to be 75%-ish or something like that).