Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ Premium Audio Upgrade

CasualDev

May 2, 2021
Las Vegas
I recently bought a speaker harness from basenor on Amazon to enable the extra speakers for my model 3. Being that my car is a later production I do not have the rear speaker deck and being that it is SR+ I also lack a the rear amp/subwoofer.

Installing the rear speakers seems like it would be easy work as I would just need to remove the shelf, add full range speakers, install an amp and wire it up. My question is how would I go about adding a subwoofer? Would that require an additional amp or can I just use the one installed for the rear speakers? I am planning on just ordering the OEM sub to mount into the trunk.

jjrandorin

Moderator, Model 3, Tesla Energy Forums
Nov 28, 2018
Riverside Co. CA
Would this thread help you?

CasualDev

May 2, 2021
Las Vegas
Would this thread help you?

Yes! It looks like the OP in that thread used a single amp. Thank you!

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC