Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ Premium Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm trying to figure out what features are "Premium" vs "Partial Premium". I took delivery of my Model 3 SR+ today and found it came with one years worth of Premium Connectivity which is great. However tonight I noticed I also have foot well lights, puddle lights (no door pocket lights) and very likley fog lights too. I've no options to control these features that I've found therefore I assume they are part of Premium or Partial Premium or Premium Connectivity? Is there anywhere I can find a current list of what's what. Tesla change things so often it's hard to try and keep up. I really wish Tesla would keep a running post somewhere of changes. If there's one out there I've missed please educate me.

This is directly from Tesla's website on the Model 3 order page:

Partial Premium Interior Includes:

• 12-way power adjustable heated front seats
  • Premium seat material and trim
  • Upgraded audio – immersive sound
  • Standard maps & navigation
  • Center console with storage, 4 USB ports and docking for 2 smartphones
Premium Interior Includes:

• 12-way power adjustable front and rear heated seats
  • Premium audio – 14 speakers, 1 subwoofer, 2 amps, and immersive sound
  • Satellite-view maps with live traffic visualization and navigation
  • In-car internet streaming music & media
  • Internet browser
  • LED fog lamps
  • Center console with storage, 4 USB ports and docking for 2 smartphones
All Interiors Include:

• Tinted glass roof with ultraviolet and infrared protection
  • Auto dimming, power folding, heated side mirrors
  • Music and media over Bluetooth ®
  • Custom driver profiles

Thanks for the response! Looks like Tesla need to update their site. The SR+ I just got has the premium connectivity package, it has the Aerials on the maps,, browser, Netflix etc & an advice LTE connection. I haven't seen anything listed anywhere about the lights. Found some old posts that suggested they where premium only features. Hopefully with more people taking delivery we'll collectively figure it out or Tesla will one day release actual documentation.

Thanks for the response! Looks like Tesla need to update their site. The SR+ I just got has the premium connectivity package, it has the Aerials on the maps,, browser, Netflix etc & an advice LTE connection. I haven't seen anything listed anywhere about the lights. Found some old posts that suggested they where premium only features. Hopefully with more people taking delivery we'll collectively figure it out or Tesla will one day release actual documentation.
You get the Netflix and maps all that for free for a month.

I'm trying to figure out what features are "Premium" vs "Partial Premium". I took delivery of my Model 3 SR+ today and found it came with one years worth of Premium Connectivity which is great. However tonight I noticed I also have foot well lights, puddle lights (no door pocket lights) and very likley fog lights too. I've no options to control these features that I've found therefore I assume they are part of Premium or Partial Premium or Premium Connectivity? Is there anywhere I can find a current list of what's what. Tesla change things so often it's hard to try and keep up. I really wish Tesla would keep a running post somewhere of changes. If there's one out there I've missed please educate me.

So the footwell lights and fog lights are activated in your SR+? Or do you mean you just noticed they are installed and not working?

So the footwell lights and fog lights are activated in your SR+? Or do you mean you just noticed they are installed and not working?
They are active and working as are the puddle lights. Nothing in the door for pocket lights though. I'm just confused if these are premium features active for now on my SR+ or if they are active thanks to the premium connectivity package? I suppose we'll all figure it out in time.

Premium connectivity package, is it good for a month or a year? I wonder if it's a month for current owners and a year for new owners? I'll need to check Tesla's website again I've not looked in a couple of days. I've been having way too much fun driving the car.

Reactions: tren01t
They are active and working as are the puddle lights. Nothing in the door for pocket lights though. I'm just confused if these are premium features active for now on my SR+ or if they are active thanks to the premium connectivity package? I suppose we'll all figure it out in time.

Premium connectivity package, is it good for a month or a year? I wonder if it's a month for current owners and a year for new owners? I'll need to check Tesla's website again I've not looked in a couple of days. I've been having way too much fun driving the car.
Yeah, I notice that as well on lighting, etc. I will have to look deeper into this.

Reactions: George75
I just got an answer yesterday that the full premium package can be added via Tesla store custom order rather than online. Beyond the Soundsystem being wired up. Everything else is just activated versus non I guess. Although the rep couldn't give me a price.

Please give us details if you get any more info

I just want to upgrade my Audio but seems unlikely from the other threads