Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steering Wheel Alignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my M3 yesterday. 07/19 build date with VIN 422xxx.

On my drive home I noticed that the steering wheel while driving straight was off center to the right. It is very noticeable.

Anyone else have this issue? Is it a fairly easy fix? Can the mobile team fix or did you have to take it in to a service center?

Picked up my M3 yesterday. 07/19 build date with VIN 422xxx.

On my drive home I noticed that the steering wheel while driving straight was off center to the right. It is very noticeable.

Anyone else have this issue? Is it a fairly easy fix? Can the mobile team fix or did you have to take it in to a service center?

It's an easy fix with just a standard wheel alignment appointment.

Mobile team doesn't bring their wheel alignment machine with them, so no, they can't do it without it. You need Service Center.

Reactions: Mrcarcrazy
My car was at the SC for the off center steering wheel last week. Service advisor said it was a known issue with the Model 3 and the correct fix is to perform a wheel alignment. Steering wheel is centered now, but they either curbed my front left wheel or damaged it during the alignment procedure..

Service center visit is needed. Don’t risk your tires by doing the redneck alignment. It’s very easy, but having the right equipment makes or breaks ya. It’s not a Jeep where the steering wheel adjustment is independent of the toe angle. (Toe angle being off slightly will kill tires faster than pretty much anything, except maybe driving on flats...that’s bad for the tires).

Service center visit is needed. Don’t risk your tires by doing the redneck alignment. It’s very easy, but having the right equipment makes or breaks ya. It’s not a Jeep where the steering wheel adjustment is independent of the toe angle. (Toe angle being off slightly will kill tires faster than pretty much anything, except maybe driving on flats...that’s bad for the tires).
I can tell you never worked in the auto industry. You’re spare parts bud

• Funny
Reactions: Mrcarcrazy
I can tell you never worked in the auto industry. You’re spare parts bud
And I can tell you’re a moron...really I’m just a snob who believes in the power of technology to make accurate adjustments to a vehicle which has shown to be rather sensitive to small adjustments in toe angle. I’ve adjusted toe using a tape measure, I’ve adjusted toe using a magnetic alignment tool...this is a sports sedan and should be treated as such.

I can tell that your family tree has branches crossing repeatedly.

Last edited: