Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sticker behind rear glass

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery 2 weeks ago and I noticed a sticker that is stuck behind the cut out of the rear glass. Unfortunately there is no way to reach it from the inside since it is closed off. No clue how they could have missed something like this when installing. Anyone else seen this before?

IMG_5751.jpg IMG_5752.jpg

Getting in there is a royal PITA.
Plenty of guides how, on this and the other fora, as well as some aux videos on youtube and a good breakdown in the service manual.

Do not attempt to get in there via the foam (you will ruin or unseat it). And frankly, maybe best NOT to have the SC or mobile service mess with it either... there are a dozen+ things they can brake in the process that are far more annoying to deal with it.

Eventually, as the months rack up, you may have enough dust and debris build up in there that it will be worth going through the headache of taking the rear pillars and shelf apart to get at it.

Odd sticker nonetheless.
The more common problems are:

water stains (within spec)
dust, debris (within spec)
3rd break light flooding onto the rear windshield (when the foam is damaged or mis-installed or missing)

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Gusx and outdoors
Thanks for the info. With the water stain and dust problems you mentioned I was able to find it on the other forums. I see the best way involves disassembling the panel behind the seats.

I'll report it to service but I'll be sure to make sure they dont mess anything else up like the rear seal.