Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

stock suspension top hat and base alignment?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 23 MYLR and swapped out the stock springs to UPP mild springs.
during the install I did not take note of the alignment between the base of the suspension and the top hat and now I have trouble mounting the suspension back on because the holes do no align.

I took it off and rotated it little by little but I am not sure If I have it correctly set at the stock angle.
every time I have to make angle adjustments, I have to compress the springs using a 20dollar amazon compressor and it is not fun at at all.

If anyone has pictures for reference to align it properly, or any advise on making sure the angle is correct please help me out!

I have a 23 MYLR and swapped out the stock springs to UPP mild springs.
during the install I did not take note of the alignment between the base of the suspension and the top hat and now I have trouble mounting the suspension back on because the holes do no align.

I took it off and rotated it little by little but I am not sure If I have it correctly set at the stock angle.
every time I have to make angle adjustments, I have to compress the springs using a 20dollar amazon compressor and it is not fun at at all.

If anyone has pictures for reference to align it properly, or any advise on making sure the angle is correct please help me out!
Hopefully you have resolved the issue already since it’s been a while. If not, compressing the spring to allow movement from the top hat is important. There is a correct alignment of the top hat. The longer side faces the front. It doesn’t have to be perfect. Once you mount the top three 13 mm bolts on the strut tower, twist the strut to align to the lower 21mm bolt.