Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Strange/missing letters on touch screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi.

I am new to this forum. Just bought my first Tesla (a used model s signature p85 from 2013).

Everything Works great, but the last couple of days Strange things is happening on my centerscreen.

Letters are missing or dialogs do not render correctly.

I have tried rebooting 2 times, no luck. Newest software version installed Yesterday.

Anybody WHO knows what could be causing this?

Attachments

• 198E28F8-39BB-4515-9609-E61F094CF7B1.jpeg
    198E28F8-39BB-4515-9609-E61F094CF7B1.jpeg
    546.5 KB · Views: 126
  • CB5B2129-08C1-4ED9-B88D-E50FFAEEB5CF.jpeg
    CB5B2129-08C1-4ED9-B88D-E50FFAEEB5CF.jpeg
    371.9 KB · Views: 89
  • 1A45711D-3A0B-4EAC-927C-706F46602788.jpeg
    1A45711D-3A0B-4EAC-927C-706F46602788.jpeg
    546.5 KB · Views: 85
Same here....when it happened I searched this forum and found it could be an early sign of MCU1 failure.

I rebooted MCU and it went away.

Downloaded latest software with reluctance last night, as that will task the MCU chip more. However, no problems, and 3+ years left on my Tesla Warranty.

Same here....when it happened I searched this forum and found it could be an early sign of MCU1 failure.

I rebooted MCU and it went away.

Downloaded latest software with reluctance last night, as that will task the MCU chip more. However, no problems, and 3+ years left on my Tesla Warranty.
My 2015 just had the MCU replaced a couple months ago and my screen did the same thing after it updated a few days ago. Rebooted and it’s been fine ever since.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
I've gotten this across several releases as well.

I've got an ancient (2013 lol) Gen1 MCU, so interesting that it happens on newer and replacement units as well. Reboots typically fix it for me (for a while) as well.

I did the 4’th reboot Yesterday and now everything Works again. At least for now...

I got a message regarding new software release again today. (I’ve had the car for 3 weeks now, and this is software release no. 4 already.) crazy stuff....

Anybody who Can tell me if there are release notes somewhere with details about the different bugfixes etc? The release notes on the screen seems to be the same for all 3 software releases so far, and are not detailed at all.

Im not that keen on just installing again without knowing if more bugs Will be introduced ;-)

For vehicles with display issues it is often a good idea to go into your saved trip/supercharger routes and delete all those that you no longer need to keep in memory.

Simply swipe them individually and they will be removed, freeing up some useful memory space.

Was some advice I got from a tech, and it significantly improved my start up speed and response quickened.