Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Strange sound from motor?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure exactly where this sound comes from but I seem to be able to hear it most often at 80 mph, but it seems to happen after like 100 miles or so. Perhaps it's after the motor is warm?

It's like whoop whoop but high pitched not really a chirp. It's hard to hear ove the road noise but if you focus you can hear it.

Any ideas WTF it is? Also I know there wish a "grind" sound the motor makes when it's gonna fail. Anyone have a clip of what that sounds like for comparison?

Are you sure it’s from the motor not from suspension? It seems to be happening while you are waiving with the phone simultaneously, like if the road is not even and the suspension needs to compensate the ride…
Suspension probs are more like a hiss of air escaping. And the car rides smooth I just can't hold my hands steady
Do you have the air suspension? Almost sounds like a compressor pump running.
I have air suspension but it doesn't sound like that to me. Like I hear the pump at low speeds and it's a dramatically different noise that this like a brrrrr this is a chirp

Suspension probs are more like a hiss of air escaping. And the car rides smooth I just can't hold my hands steady
I’m not concerned about your ability to hold the arms steady or the smoothness of your drive. I just tried to notify that to me it looks like each time there is uneven section of the road then your hands wave to the rhythm and that questionable sound appears at the same time.