Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Streaming using voice commands in V10

datoda

Nov 14, 2018
NH
I have had V10 installed for about a day, and I found that I could no longer use voice command to stream audio contents.

Pre-V10, I could say 'play <song name>' or 'play <radio station codename>' and in most cases it would be able to play the contents I requested. With V10, it would show me a list of 'top' results for what I requested. That beats the purpose of using voice commands, really. The whole point is to not look at or touch the screen.

I also tried 'play <something> on <streaming source>' and that didn't seem to work.

Any insight on how to get the pre-V10 behavior with streaming using voice commands?

Michman

Oct 16, 2019
Fishers, IN
Same issue here, I just posted about it as well. I just took delivery and had 10 installed so I guess I’ve never known the difference. I did notice the one I test drove a month ago could do it. What gives?

3Krazy

Mar 15, 2019
Arizona
Same experience. A backward move for sure. It made me a bit angry as voice command to a specific station, source and artist was seamless and a great demo for newbies to Tesla. Now it's just a distraction we don't need.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC