Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify Requests

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all

Just noticed that Spotify will now only play one song from a particular requested artist.

Example, I use voice command to “play music by Metallica” and indeed it’ll play music by Metallica at random but only one track and then move onto something else.

I noticed it said “Metallica and related artists” underneath the Metallica track being played.

I never had this before the update. Used to say”play music by xxxxxx” and it would play a selection of that artists music, now just one track.

Is there something I’m doing wrong? A setting somewhere? This is using the Tesla Account with the car and is on Premium Connectivity.

Hi all

Just noticed that Spotify will now only play one song from a particular requested artist.

Example, I use voice command to “play music by Metallica” and indeed it’ll play music by Metallica at random but only one track and then move onto something else.

I noticed it said “Metallica and related artists” underneath the Metallica track being played.

I never had this before the update. Used to say”play music by xxxxxx” and it would play a selection of that artists music, now just one track.

Is there something I’m doing wrong? A setting somewhere? This is using the Tesla Account with the car and is on Premium Connectivity.
I've also have seen this change in the latest Spotify software. Hopefully it will get fixed sometime...

Defo Spotify, all my voice requests for music default through Spotify, even if I say something like “play Metallica through Apple Music” it’ll still give me Spotify and only the one song.
If it is using the default Spotify, then I have to assume that it is the free Spotify service. The free service doesn't give you the ability to pick songs. It's the paid service that does that.

If it is using the default Spotify, then I have to assume that it is the free Spotify service. The free service doesn't give you the ability to pick songs. It's the paid service that does that.

If you have Premium Connectivity you also get a proper Spotify account* on the car (like I said, different to US cars).

*Though its a full independent account it isn't transferable to use on your other devices. If you already have a Spotify account then you can use that instead of course.

Reactions: Bootneckshuffl