Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stuck at a supercharger, charge cord won’t disc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh and I just noticed this ...

Interesting pic, had a similar scare at a new supercharger. Probably the charger cable fit is tight due to limited use. Glad you were able to get it free.

I went through exactly the same thing, trying to release from inside, etc. and finally released with a good tug. You can definitely see the different wear on new vs. old supercharger cables if you look for it.

I also think I had a little dust/dirt in socket that made the fit tighter. From time to time I will now clean the socket with a q tip because I am paranoid..

Problem solved. Customer service’s last ditch suggestion was to pull hard, like really hard. So I put the two handed 50lb pull on it and it popped out. One to remember, huh?

Thanks to the reply above that recco’d that. It just needed a little more force.
I had an experience like this when my MS75D was new in 12/17. They ended up shaving the charge port and no problems since. It was a bad batch of connectors at the time. Gla you didn't have to wait until mid month!

I am still hoping someone can tell me what the release lever looks like. I see the photos, have read the manual, and went and looked for it on my car. It certainly is not obvious. Do you slide the bottom black portion immediately under the orange high voltage cover? It all looks like one piece. I am hoping to figure out the manual release. Thanks.