Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Successful retrofit of passenger lumbar on 2021 Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was a successful install and done in under 30 minutes. It was pretty straightforward and reading this post prior definitely made things easier. I will add that the pump can clip to the seat frame if the black clips are on the pump bag. If not, it's fits snuggly without being clipped but I figured I would install exactly how it would of came from the factory. I also cut my fingers twice from the sharp edges on the seat frame which was no fun. Overall everything is there to make this plug and play as long as you buy the necessary parts.

It was a successful install and done in under 30 minutes. It was pretty straightforward and reading this post prior definitely made things easier. I will add that the pump can clip to the seat frame if the black clips are on the pump bag. If not, it's fits snuggly without being clipped but I figured I would install exactly how it would of came from the factory. I also cut my fingers twice from the sharp edges on the seat frame which was no fun. Overall everything is there to make this plug and play as long as you buy the necessary parts.

Do you have links for your ebay stores? I am having troubles sourcing the buttons.

Do you have links for your ebay stores? I am having troubles sourcing the buttons.
I bought the seat switch from this seller: danvi-llc on eBay

And bought the lumbar support from this seller: nein-lives-parts on eBay

What's weird is I don't see any passenger seat switches and wondering if people are buying them due to this post? You might want to try and buy the parts new from Tesla which seem to be priced reasonably per another poster on here. I paid $65 for seat switch and $80 for the lumbar support. I made offers on both items and both sellers accepted.

• Helpful
Reactions: ElectricAnt54
I bought the seat switch from this seller: danvi-llc on eBay

And bought the lumbar support from this seller: nein-lives-parts on eBay

What's weird is I don't see any passenger seat switches and wondering if people are buying them due to this post? You might want to try and buy the parts new from Tesla which seem to be priced reasonably per another poster on here. I paid $65 for seat switch and $80 for the lumbar support. I made offers on both items and both sellers accepted.
switch from tesla is or was 75 and the lumbar support with pump is 100.00 for the latests revisions of both

YES. It makes me happy when others can follow my instructions. I pulled my pump from an intact seat, so good callout on the clips, I totally thought it was just kind of tucked in there. Then again, this is Tesla so maybe the seat I got was from a revision that didn't have the clips. Maybe I'll poke around in there some time when I'm bored. Still, I would 100% rather have that extra forged aluminum link that the current builds have in the rear suspension than passenger lumbar. Both is just gravy.

Thank you to both osunick (OP) and zikronix. I have been looking for the part numbers forever and am grateful that the installation instructions was in the same thread. Now I need to swing by the SC and try to buy the parts and do the install.
Do they carry the parts or do you have to return to pick them up when they have it in stock?

Thank you to both osunick (OP) and zikronix. I have been looking for the part numbers forever and am grateful that the installation instructions was in the same thread. Now I need to swing by the SC and try to buy the parts and do the install.
Do they carry the parts or do you have to return to pick them up when they have it in stock?
They had to order them. They may give you crap about bying them, there is no restriction on them. They will tell you that you cant return them. They didnt want to sell them to me but they did in the end after they talked to management. I was like i know people that have done the same mod, i know the parts i need. I know it will work bewcause the wiring is there (it was for in my case (may 8 build). The wire may not be there in later builds)

Reactions: gleearch
They had to order them. They may give you crap about bying them, there is no restriction on them. They will tell you that you cant return them. They didnt want to sell them to me but they did in the end after they talked to management. I was like i know people that have done the same mod, i know the parts i need. I know it will work bewcause the wiring is there (it was for in my case (may 8 build). The wire may not be there in later builds)
Did you go in person or did you call? I've been to a service center once and it wasn't obvious how you might talk to someone if you didn't have an appointment.

okay, so I ordered the whole seat control piece; including the plastic trim. I don't want to use the plastic trim that came with the control unit. Do i pull the levers off or is there something that I am missing? Feels like I am gonna break them while trying to pull them off.

I visited the SC center in Berkeley today. Went right up to the service desk and asked if I could purchase some parts and gave them the parts numbers. The SA was very helpful and looked up the parts. The lumbar support was not in stock so she ordered it and should arrive in about a week and a half for me to pick up. She had the controller in stock and handed that to me. Costs with tax was about $115. She said the lumbar support will be around the same price. I have a July 21 build, and am hoping the wiring harness is in the seat or will have to find the part number to order. It was a fairly straight forward transaction. She asked for the VIN and that was it. Nothing about non conformance or non-standard part. She smiled when I said, "you can probably guess why I'm ordering these parts".

I attached photos of part number 1098530-00-F below.

Attachments

• 20211021_134638.jpg
    20211021_134638.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 159
  • 20211021_134650.jpg
    20211021_134650.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 136
Reactions: MP3Mike