Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon (not working)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Jack6591

May 11, 2013
California
When I press and hold either the forward or reverse button on my IPhone or my wife’s iPhone—the lights on the car cycle on and off—the car shifts momentarily into forward or reverse—then immediately shifts back into park. The front wheels turn straight ahead but the car does not move.

Any tips or suggestions?

What kind of phone?

I’ve experienced different issues. Literally every time I release the Forward or Backward button, the car locks and the phone disconnects. Then I’ve also experienced times where it won’t connect at all, hangs on Connecting, or says I’m too far away from the car (literally inches away). And that’s just within the past 24 hours... (Pixel XL here)

We had one time when we were getting a failure to connect, but otherwise it has worked pretty well. We have a tight fit in the garage, so I did customize the settings on the center console to reduce the clearances. Even now, it will stop when it reaches the door threshold, but if I know the clearance is good, I just try again and it will usually proceed.