Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elevation bug, and the car reverses instead of moving forward in Drive (D)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi, I encountered a 2nd episode, reproduced the same bug when I was parked. So my front wheels were slightly up on the parking curb. Parked for a few hours, returned to my car and put it into Drive (D) mode. To my surprise, it went into reverse when I pressed on the accelerator instead of moving forward.

This issue was immediately resolved after doing a software restart. And when I went into my energy app, the car thinks that I have been driving uphill forever. Check that out in millions!

Attachments

• IMG_2575.jpeg
    IMG_2575.jpeg
    742 KB · Views: 52
  • Informative
Reactions: KenC
Take a look at the percentages shown in that photo. They make no sense. Well over 58,000,000%???
When dealing in percentages your range is between 0% and 100%. How the heck can anything be reported
as over 58,000,000%. There is something weird going on with your car's computational skills. Especially since
those figures are supposed to be just since you last charged the car.

Take a look at the percentages shown in that photo. They make no sense. Well over 58,000,000%???
When dealing in percentages your range is between 0% and 100%. How the heck can anything be reported
as over 58,000,000%. There is something weird going on with your car's computational skills. Especially since
The same way some people say they are "going to give 110% to (whatever)." I hear it all of the time.

Sure, lots of people are math impaired, and that's just simple hyperbole anyway, but a car's computer shouldn't be
math impaired or deal in hyperbole. There is definitely something wrong with that Tesla.
It is 100% mathematically valid to say one quantity is “[>100%]” of another…

Of course, obviously something is wrong with the estimates because it looks like the car originally believed the entire trip would be in free fall :p .

Reactions: father_of_6