Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Super weird issue with my Gen 3 WC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been silently following along because I am curious to see how this turns out. OP please let us know what the final resolution is. You did all the A-B testing, so its kind of strange what might be going on here.
I will definitely update as soon as I get my car back but I must say I think Mongo is correct! Since the problem seems to be isolated to just my car and my WC and all the other aspect works I believe that and I quote "the car was sending an invalid charge request to the WC, and the blue light was it complaining that it was talking to a car, but it wasn't requesting something valid" must be the reason.

Hi everyone!
Sorry for the late reply! Just got my car back from the shop. They had issues getting hold of a parts!
So, apparently this is a common issue and mostly related to US factory build cars. In the charging port somewhere There is a plastic cap with a connection and due to weather conditions the plastic cap might expand and shrink causing the bad connection. So when doing 16A it increases the heat and causes the problem to appear much quicker. My car just had its first charge from 58%>87% at 16a 3 phase with no problems nor alerts! Crossing fingers that this won't happen again!

However, this is still a bit weird as I could charge elsewhere with no issue yet had problem at home. So I still firmly believe that the theory above mentioned by Mongo is correct and I was actually having two problems. One with my plastic cap causing my car to give error message and other being the communication between just my car and my WC.

Reactions: mongo