Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Chandler, AZ - N 54th St

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Guacahummus

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2020
Tex 📐

Attachments

• 1694281358178.png
    1694281358178.png
    379.7 KB · Views: 205
Reactions: PCTAZRichard
Really… Another one in Chandler? :) Just blocks from another newly permitted site? What about Gilbert or Queen Creek?

While this surely isn’t the only factor at work, take a look at the AZ Alternative Fuel Corridors as designated in the NEVI Program. The AZ DOT has indicated that the dark blue lines are 2022+ priories, dark red 2023+ with the light blue not factoring in until 2024. Gilbert and Queen Creek aren’t part of their plans for the foreseeable future.

Long story short, build level 3 chargers along these routes and the DOT might cut you a check. Outside of these routes, you’re on your own.

1694320535814.jpeg

Really… Another one in Chandler? :) Just blocks from another newly permitted site? What about Gilbert or Queen Creek?
I remember in the early days of Superchargers that we were told the focus would be on travelers and not commuters. I am much more concerned that a lot of rural areas are still forgotten as Tesla rushes to add urban chargers. Of course I realize Tesla massive sales and the addition of other car brands requires a lot more Superchargers everywhere. (Based on the ADOT map posted in this thread, Show Low and Maricopa look like good spots for 2023 ADOT funding and both need some love.)

Last edited:
A lot of the new sites might be developer partnered sites and not corporate developed sites. Meaning developers are reaching out to tesla to get a SC on their property and not tesla reaching out to find a place to put one as it was in the past.

Looks like early ground makings. For those who frequent JJ Jimmy John’s; please keep an eye out for construction fencing etc. construction may begin…….. sooooon🥴?

Photos.

Attachments

• IMG_5986.jpeg
    IMG_5986.jpeg
    429 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_5990.jpeg
    IMG_5990.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_5992.jpeg
    IMG_5992.jpeg
    957.5 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_5984.jpeg
    IMG_5984.jpeg
    931.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_5985.jpeg
    IMG_5985.jpeg
    432.7 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_5987.jpeg
    IMG_5987.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_5988.jpeg
    IMG_5988.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_5989.jpeg
    IMG_5989.jpeg
    966.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_5991.jpeg
    IMG_5991.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 49
Long time lurker, first time poster. I live in Flagstaff, but have to be in the valley for business a big chunk of the time. When I’m here, I stay within 1/3 of a mile of this station so I’m happy to check on progress.

Today, I see there’s a fence and a backhoe so looks like construction is about to get going. I didn’t bother with photos as it’s exactly where the earlier line markings pointed.

Long time lurker, first time poster. I live in Flagstaff, but have to be in the valley for business a big chunk of the time. When I’m here, I stay within 1/3 of a mile of this station so I’m happy to check on progress.

Today, I see there’s a fence and a backhoe so looks like construction is about to get going. I didn’t bother with photos as it’s exactly where the earlier line markings pointed.
Pictures are always welcome. The sharp eyed folks will spot things that are tesla specific to get the orange cone on sc.info