Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cliveden Ave - Delta BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's probably a coincidence, but I think all the imports from China are unloaded at the Wallenius Wilhelmsen dock just down the road. Maybe the cars headed for Newfoundland need a top up before they are loaded on the train?

Also note, since I was figuring out the hosts: Tim Horton's and Wendy's merged in 1999. Tim Horton's then merged in 2017 with Burger King to create Restaurant Brands International 2014, and then added Popeyes in 2017.

So, adding to some Burger King locations in the USA and also Tim Horton's/Wendy's in Canada could mean that things are being initiated through the parent.

Stopped by tonight, all 12 stalls look to be completed. Tesla cabinets are installed, just waiting for the BC Hydro cabinets and meter. Typically Tesla ... super fast construction. Typically government, it'll take them 4-6 months to push some paper around.

Attachments

• 2024-03-09 18.29.14.jpg
    2024-03-09 18.29.14.jpg
    467.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 2024-03-09 18.29.25.jpg
    2024-03-09 18.29.25.jpg
    560.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 2024-03-09 18.29.37.jpg
    2024-03-09 18.29.37.jpg
    955.9 KB · Views: 14
Stopped by tonight, all 12 stalls look to be completed. Tesla cabinets are installed, just waiting for the BC Hydro cabinets and meter. Typically Tesla ... super fast construction. Typically government, it'll take them 4-6 months to push some paper around.
I guess I wouldn't be too quick to make assumptions about which parts of the process are fast or slow for a specific location (unless one has insider knowledge from that department inside Tesla). There are a lot of parties and factors involved in Supercharger construction; landlords, local governments, electrical contractors, subcontractors (trenching, paving, etc), utilities (metering, transformers), supply chain issues (transformers and probably other components), off-site upgrades to electrical grid, and on and on. Each of those are affected by numerous factors from the weather, staffing or shifting priorities. For this particular site, there is no reliable way to predict when it might open; could be a few weeks or a few months.

I guess I wouldn't be too quick to make assumptions about which parts of the process are fast or slow for a specific location (unless one has insider knowledge from that department inside Tesla). There are a lot of parties and factors involved in Supercharger construction; landlords, local governments, electrical contractors, subcontractors (trenching, paving, etc), utilities (metering, transformers), supply chain issues (transformers and probably other components), off-site upgrades to electrical grid, and on and on. Each of those are affected by numerous factors from the weather, staffing or shifting priorities. For this particular site, there is no reliable way to predict when it might open; could be a few weeks or a few months.

It's not assumption, it's knowledge and the last 5 years of data support it. Tesla builds these locations in weeks and the govt takes 4-6 months to do the paperwork. It's a fact. I pay a visit to almost all L3 chargers in Southern BC and I list most L3 chargers, I'm very active and talk to a lot of people on the site and I see what's happened to all L3 chargers, not only Tesla. All of them take 4-6 months to switch on. That is all due to govt paper pushing. It's the same in the construction industry as a whole, waiting for permits and inspections ... always the govt delays. So no, it's not an assumption, it's experience and 5 years of data.