Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Daytona Beach, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Larry Chanin

President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts
Aug 22, 2011
Sarasota, Florida
Daytona Beach Supercharger plans titile.jpg

Permit for “Coming Soon” Daytona Beach Supercharger Station discovered. (Public)

Larry

This is great news!
We went to see the Crew Dragon Demo-2 and went to St Augustine right after. We had to pass by the Port Orange SC and we had to wait 30 minutes. This was our first time experiencing any wait at a SC but we didn’t mind since this was Tesla Mecca for everyone who went to see the launch. Great find and great addition to the network!

Larry, I was looking at the link you posted, and under the Construction Keynotes and Legend Page, number 8 caught my eye because it says that there will be 4 ChargePoint Level 2 chargers adjacent to the Superchargers. I haven’t seen this before. I wasn’t sure if Tesla was installing those chargers for ChargePoint. Wondering if this is a new collaboration with ChargePoint and possibly a new source of Income for Tesla. Makes complete sense whereby non-Tesla owners could Interact with Tesla owners and In some cases introduce folks to the Tesla vehicles.

Attachments

• F4D95AA2-7C54-46C7-A49D-44338B60F0F8.jpeg
    F4D95AA2-7C54-46C7-A49D-44338B60F0F8.jpeg
    202.5 KB · Views: 57
Larry, I was looking at the link you posted, and under the Construction Keynotes and Legend Page, number 8 caught my eye because it says that there will be 4 ChargePoint Level 2 chargers adjacent to the Superchargers. I haven’t seen this before. I wasn’t sure if Tesla was installing those chargers for ChargePoint. Wondering if this is a new collaboration with ChargePoint and possibly a new source of Income for Tesla. Makes complete sense whereby non-Tesla owners could Interact with Tesla owners and In some cases introduce folks to the Tesla vehicles.
It looks like two dual port ChargePoint chargers.
I'm guessing this is a requirement of Target. In the old days, Tesla used to install SAE J 1772 chargers along with Tesla Wall Connectors as an inducement for host locations. This may be a similar concern on the part of Target, to accommodate non-Tesla EVs to some degree. If I obtain any additional information, I'll report it here.

Larry

It looks like two dual port ChargePoint chargers.
I'm guessing this is a requirement of Target. In the old days, Tesla used to install SAE J 1772 chargers along with Tesla Wall Connectors as an inducement for host locations. This may be a similar concern on the part of Target, to accommodate non-Tesla EVs to some degree. If I obtain any additional information, I'll report it here.
Yes, it's part of Tesla's supercharger hosting agreement with Target. They put in at least 1 or 2 universal L2 stations at almost every Target hosted supercharger. Tesla pays for all the equipment and installation, but I think Target is responsible for ongoing operations and maintenance costs.

The Daytona Beach, FL Supercharger appeared on Tesla's Find Us page today. Can anyone local verify that it's online?

View attachment 602533
I just called the target that’s hosting them and they said that they turned on half of them. I’m doing a roadtrip up the coast so I’ll see if it’s legit or not. Port Orange is nearby in case it’s false.

Charged here today, just to have a look, and to save the location in my Supercharger list.
Charged at 3C, Model X 2 stalls away. All worked fine, he was transient from NY to Boca, didnt even realize the station just opened yesterday! LOL Great location with nearby shopping, Cracker Barrel across the street.

Reactions: PStewart