Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Des Plaines, IL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Guacahummus

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2020
Tex 📐
Source: https://teslanorth.com/2023/12/17/the-monthly-supercharger-december-dump - Not sure how he does it, but its a really good find. Props

Don't think this will stay up too long: https://play.champds.com/ATT/desplainesil/2023-10/37a9f89e93df9c31cfd886b6591eeec37249755c.pdf

Issue: The petitioner is requesting the following: (i) a Major Change to a Final PUD for an existing commercial development to develop a Class B restaurant and electric vehicle (EV) charging area on Lot 5 of Orchards at O’Hare; ...

Tesla is a manufacturer of EVs and EV charging equipment and is proposing 52 Tesla EV charging spaces, or a “Supercharger,” for the southern portion of Lot 5...

Attachments

• 1703181019836.png
    1703181019836.png
    393.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 1703181174131.png
    1703181174131.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 62
Whoa!

Interesting location for so many stalls. Possibly intended for recharging rental EVs* at O’Hare? (The rental car lots are just a few blocks away.)

And the addition of a Popeye’s in the middle of it all would provide a close dining option for any individuals stopping to charge there.

(*I said EVs instead of Teslas since so many other automakers’ EVs will have access to Superchargers in the next couple years.)

Great move Tesla! Every major airport should have a similar setup, as all have a waiting lot for Rideshare, the perfect place to recharge. It will also free up many other SCs from Uber drivers. LOTS of current EV Rideshare drivers now and it will only multiply in the coming years. I've been doing Rideshare part-time for 9 years in AZ and it's a great way to put butts in seats!

• Informative
Reactions: jsmay311
Smack dab in the middle of a large area of Tesla owners and Tesla store locations. I agree with the impending increase of non-Teslas to soon be charging. All new SC locations need to be larger for that reason. Another benefit is for those who long-term park at O'hare and need to immediately charge as they leave the airport grounds.

V4 pedestal deployments are still pretty hit and miss. Plus, Tesla recently said they'd be doing some revisions to them based on early feedback, so deployments are likely halted for awhile. Unless the permit specifically mentions or illustrates v4 pedestals, it is safer to assume this will be a v3 pedestal deployment.