Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Emporia, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

corywright

supercharge.info editor
Supporting Member
Jul 27, 2016
Richmond, VA
In early April I found a dig ticket by Leading-Edge Services for "EV Chargers" the Belfield Marketplace Shopping Center at 216 Market Dr, Emporia, VA 23847. At the time I wasn't able to confirm with the local host that the chargers were for Tesla.

Today I visited the site and found two pre-fab units already installed, along with the transformer and meter already in place.

Across the parking lot there is Taco Bell, Burger King, Hardee's, and a Starbucks.

emporia1.jpg

emporia2.jpg

Last edited:
Emporia, VA

Host Type: Mall
Host: Belfield Marketplace Shopping Center*
Along Primary Interstates: I-95
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-58, US-301
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-95

To: Stony Creek, VA - 23.4 miles
Diversion: 1.1 miles
To: Petersburg - Wagner Rd, VA - 39.3 miles

US-58

To: Franklin, VA - 34.8 miles
Diversion: 0.6 miles
To: Suffolk, VA - 53.3 miles

US-301

To: Stony Creek, VA - 22.4 miles
Diversion: 1.6 miles
To: Petersburg - Wagner Rd, VA - 38.9 miles

In the dim and distant past I seem to recall Emporia, VA being a coming soon that never materialized. But now we have it.
On I-95, while it splits a gap of only 48.1 miles there are only 3 larger gaps south of it.

But it's also on US-58 so good for West-East traveil as well.

* Google shows Emporia Marketplace. Not sure of current name.

Reactions: Kewmpie1
I have been asking for an Emporia Supercharger for over 5 years. I hope they don’t end up canning this one mid construction or something. Elon has really lost his marbles slashing the entire supercharging team. I think it’s going to be a huge mistake that will have long lasting effects on the entire EV adoption process in the US.

Reactions: Anthony R.
I have been asking for an Emporia Supercharger for over 5 years. I hope they don’t end up canning this one mid construction or something. Elon has really lost his marbles slashing the entire supercharging team. I think it’s going to be a huge mistake that will have long lasting effects on the entire EV adoption process in the US.
The emails sent to contractors and external parties said that if ground has been broken, it will be finished. So… hopefully? I would like to see if there’s another sneakily built station in Danville or Martinsville… it’s even more needed there in my opinion.

The emails sent to contractors and external parties said that if ground has been broken, it will be finished. So… hopefully? I would like to see if there’s another sneakily built station in Danville or Martinsville… it’s even more needed there in my opinion.
Danville/Martinsville is needed for that trip up to Roanoke for me.

Reactions: Anthony R.