Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Flushing, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

azaz

Apr 17, 2016
NYC
Passed by yesterday and noticed that construction/digging has begun at this location (Queens, NY | Tesla). Pretty cool to have a supercharger like 5 minutes away from me but not sure what its purpose is. Its in the parking lot of a church so not like there is anything to do/eat there. There are also often flea markets and things in the lot on weekends so not sure how that will be handled. It is 6-7 minutes from both LIE and Grand Central.

Reactions: jbcarioca
Wonder if it’s a ‘normal’ SuC or perhaps an Urban one (72 kW)? In Queens, I’d think that might be more logical. Lots of people that can’t install home charging (co-ops, etc.). (If I recall correctly! Lived there moons ago....)

I don’t know if the future map spots say which type they are, right? I’ve not seen that....

And, just a reminder, unless we have a permit or other info, the pins on the map are only on a location name. They don’t mean anything. That pin is on ‘Queens’, not an actual location.

Does the construction location actually have anything ‘supercharger’ specific going on?

• Helpful
Reactions: Shateam
Wonder if it’s a ‘normal’ SuC or perhaps an Urban one (72 kW)? In Queens, I’d think that might be more logical. Lots of people that can’t install home charging (co-ops, etc.). (If I recall correctly! Lived there moons ago....)

I don’t know if the future map spots say which type they are, right? I’ve not seen that....

And, just a reminder, unless we have a permit or other info, the pins on the map are only on a location name. They don’t mean anything. That pin is on ‘Queens’, not an actual location.

Does the construction location actually have anything ‘supercharger’ specific going on?

bunch of parking spots were cordoned off and digging had been done. obvs was looking at it from a distance but it looked exactly like other supercharging construction pics I've seen

bunch of parking spots were cordoned off and digging had been done. obvs was looking at it from a distance but it looked exactly like other supercharging construction pics I've seen
It definitely could be, check back and see if there’s any Tesla hardware in wooden crates. That’s the best way to tell absent permit info.

But the pin on the map, um, no. :D

Drove by this morning. Definitely construction going on, but I don't see anything electrical. Looks like they are replacing the sidewalk and putting up some kind of wall. Not sure if this is the spot. Nothing there indicates it is a supercharger.

There are quite a few good restaurants on Union Turnpike five minutes or so away. Cafe Muscat and Nikko are two that I frequent even though this is quite a long haul form my usual NY-centric haunts. I still hang out here from time to time because I used to live a few blocks away in the middle of the last century and some friends still live here. I think this is a really good location for an urban Supercharger.

Yea, the initial location on the map is just a general location for the area. Flushing would be a horrible place to have a supercharger knowing how every parking lots are always fully parked. Very likely it is going to be another paying parking garage.

Sometimes the location is way off. Like the originally planned Hicksville supercharger. It is now in 1 town over in Plainview.

Yea, the initial location on the map is just a general location for the area. Flushing would be a horrible place to have a supercharger knowing how every parking lots are always fully parked. Very likely it is going to be another paying parking garage.

Sometimes the location is way off. Like the originally planned Hicksville supercharger. It is now in 1 town over in Plainview.

There are technically 2 “flushing” locations. One thats labelled queens on the tesla site but the address provided on the thread is “flushing”. The other pinpoint is coincidentally in flushing is on Farington, located right next to the supermarket. There is construction going on there but don’t think its for a supercharger. We should be getting details soon for the queens one since its supposed to be ready this summer.

Flushing supercharger showed up on the Tesla map today. It is located at the Queens Crossing parking garage. Valet parking required
Yup. Will update Supercharge Info. Also a new Supercharger in Manhattan at Vesey Street.
870A847E-1C2F-4C05-8A4B-93EF3E40FF9D.jpeg