Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gilbert, AZ - N Higley Rd (cancelled)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has applied to install 16 stalls at 1715 N Higley Rd (Rudy's Country Store and BBQ). It is undergoing a design review.

1702959314142.png

I really appreciate all your work to find all these upcoming location. Thanks!
Technically Marco found all these but he dumped them on Facebook and they were sent to me. I have been confirming them by finding the relevant permits so your thanks is appreciated. Knowing where to look is half the battle since most of these sites don’t tie to grey pins on the Tesla map.

Hmmm... Yeah, this new site will help, but we really should be calling this location “East Mesa”, cause it is BARELY within the city of Gilbert. It does not really help add supercharging to the fastest growing areas of Gilbert, which is still a supercharging ghost town. Even the new Queen Creek permit location is miles away from the edge of Gilbert.
Lastly, the “Tesla” link on supercharge.info shouldn’t be there; there is no Future Supercharger showing on Teslas site yet.

Hmmm... Yeah, this new site will help, but we really should be calling this location “East Mesa”, cause it is BARELY within the city of Gilbert. It does not really help add supercharging to the fastest growing areas of Gilbert, which is still a supercharging ghost town. Even the new Queen Creek permit location is miles away from the edge of Gilbert.
Lastly, the “Tesla” link on supercharge.info shouldn’t be there; there is no Future Supercharger showing on Teslas site yet.
We just call them by the address on the permit because that’s how Tesla names them. See Firebaugh, CA if you want to see a town named used miles away from the actual town (but that’s what the mailing address is so that’s what Tesla used). Looks closer to Gilbert to me, Hwy 60 looks to be the dividing line set by the AZ government.
1703077192508.png

And any comments on supercharge.info should be directed to the mods there. @corywright @Guacahummus @Big Earl Any idea why a couple a couple of the new permit listings show a Tesla.com to the general findus list link at Tesla? Default?

And any comments on supercharge.info should be directed to the mods there. @corywright @Guacahummus @Big Earl Any idea why a couple a couple of the new permit listings show a Tesla.com to the general findus list link at Tesla? Default?

Tesla has switched over to using the TRT ID as part of their findus links. If the page isn't active, it defaults to the general findus list. The page usually becomes active within a few days of the site opening.

For this one the TRT ID: 400878 was in the description, so I went ahead and added it in the entry.

Tesla has switched over to using the TRT ID as part of their findus links. If the page isn't active, it defaults to the general findus list. The page usually becomes active within a few days of the site opening.

For this one the TRT ID: 400878 was in the description, so I went ahead and added it in the entry.
Is it basically a Tesla site id for all things on the map (stores, service centers, etc?)? And thanks for including the link, definitely helpful to have ahead of time so you can check there for whether it is active or not (at least within a couple of days but if the link is active then the site is active).

We just call them by the address on the permit because that’s how Tesla names them. See Firebaugh, CA if you want to see a town named used miles away from the actual town (but that’s what the mailing address is so that’s what Tesla used). Looks closer to Gilbert to me, Hwy 60 looks to be the dividing line set by the AZ government.

Gilbert is 100% correct; I was just whining that central and south Gilbert keep getting neglected. :)
So weird that this side of Baseline Rd is just inside Gilbert (just outside of Mesa city limits), yet the same side of Baseline Rd just 5 miles to the West, is just OUTSIDE Gilbert and INSIDE Mesa. But, that is the way that the city limits are drawn.

Technically Marco found all these but he dumped them on Facebook and they were sent to me. I have been confirming them by finding the relevant permits so your thanks is appreciated. Knowing where to look is half the battle since most of these sites don’t tie to grey pins on the Tesla map.
Does this mean Marco is in the game, or is this from old work before he announced his departure?

Is it basically a Tesla site id for all things on the map (stores, service centers, etc?)? And thanks for including the link, definitely helpful to have ahead of time so you can check there for whether it is active or not (at least within a couple of days but if the link is active then the site is active).
Didn't realize I didn't respond to your question. When I went looking for what TRT is I found this link https://trt.tesla.com which states Tesla Retail Tool. Not really sure how its used internally but I've only notice them use the ID on new superchargers. There are also a handful of sites that still used the previous naming convention, but I wasn't really sure what to make of that.

My point about the “T” link on supercharge.info still stands…
(The same issue applies to the new Mesa AZ permit site that was just added.)
Why is there a “T” link on supercharge.info (for this supercharger site) that goes to a useless/generic Tesla page? Most of the “T” links on SI go to the specific Tesla supercharger page for that specific supercharger site, which is common sense and very useful. Linking to a generic and useless page does not make sense *until* the site is officially added to Teslas Find Us page.
Just a suggestion…

My point about the “T” link on supercharge.info still stands…
(The same issue applies to the new Mesa AZ permit site that was just added.)
Why is there a “T” link on supercharge.info (for this supercharger site) that goes to a useless/generic Tesla page? Most of the “T” links on SI go to the specific Tesla supercharger page for that specific supercharger site, which is common sense and very useful. Linking to a generic and useless page does not make sense *until* the site is officially added to Teslas Find Us page.
Just a suggestion…
The link is there because when the site is active it will link to the correct page on Tesla.com. Since the page isn’t active yet, it redirects. By adding it now, the supercharge.info team doesn’t have to remember to update it later.

Normally they don’t have the full link until the website is active. In this case, the key to the link was in the plan file so they know what the link will be when it is active so they linked to the future page now.

The link is there because when the site is active it will link to the correct page on Tesla.com. Since the page isn’t active yet, it redirects. By adding it now, the supercharge.info team doesn’t have to remember to update it later.

Normally they don’t have the full link until the website is active. In this case, the key to the link was in the plan file so they know what the link will be when it is active so they linked to the future page now.
Yeah, I know the technical reason. And I understand and respect the “easier for the volunteer workforce team”.
However, I am just making the “common sense” usability point, for the best possible UI experience, purely from the point of view of the end user: Each one of them will click on the T link and get a useless page; kind of a pain in the arse. :) And it “looks” broken, compared to how it should function when the actual Tesla page becomes available.

Reactions: paulkva
Potentially —— located here. From the front of the truck to the fire hydrant. There are 16 potential stalls, 8 between islands. Utility transformer may go on the other side of the cinder block wall; street side. Two pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_6517.jpeg
    IMG_6517.jpeg
    786.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_6518.jpeg
    IMG_6518.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 34
Potentially —— located here. From the front of the truck to the fire hydrant. There are 16 potential stalls, 8 between islands. Utility transformer may go on the other side of the cinder block wall; street side. Two pictures.

pretty tight with the wall and also drains and manholes means underground piping would likely be in the way of trenching underground power. Looks like a good location out of the way in the lot but not great from an underground standpoint.

Given how they opted some parking spots in the dirt behind Cracker Barrel, I think the same thing would be more likely here. The lot looks too small and crowded to take 16 spots away so adding them to an undeveloped part of the lot makes more sense.
1705235309423.png

I doubt it would be down where you show. The permit shows parcel 140-69-369 and the area you circled is on another parcel owned by Higley Apartments. The parcel line runs down the middle of the paved area. You can also see the Cracker Barrel parking you circled was within their parcel boundaries which dropped down more in that area as you can see in my attached photo.
Screenshot 2024-03-06 104335.jpg

Reactions: Mrbrock
Hmmm. The parking lots were all really full in the Google Maps picture; seems like ICEing could be a problem. But, the other picture doesn’t show it too bad. I would agree that the “back road” area doesn’t seem likely. Tesla must be planning to use the “island” area with the current landscaping.