Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hazlet, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A new supercharger is under construction at a Wawa on Route 36 in Hazlet, NJ. Correct address is 1413 NJ-36, Hazlet, NJ 07730.

IMG_5671.jpeg

I understand the impatience... but this is not unusual. the Route 18 location in Old Bridge was fully built and installed, then took 6 months for the electrical to be added/approved/turned on.
Thank you for your reply. I thought by now it would be active. Just drove there today and its wrapped but not active. We don't have any superchargers within 25 minutes range and this location would have been great for central NJ.

Is there a way to find out ? It would have helped convince buying tesla vs hybrid vs gas since at this point there is no option to charge at home and this location very convenient .

Thank you for your reply. I thought by now it would be active. Just drove there today and its wrapped but not active. We don't have any superchargers within 25 minutes range and this location would have been great for central NJ.

Is there a way to find out ? It would have helped convince buying tesla vs hybrid vs gas since at this point there is no option to charge at home and this location very convenient .
Brick has been built for one year and still doesn't have a transformer... If you can find the inspection through hazlet may give you some clues.

It is December 2023 and this location still not active. Does anyone knows what is going on and when/if it become active tesla supercharger location?
I happened to stop by today. Still wrapped, of course, but I was very happy to see it. One it is a great location - serving NJ35, and the Parkway, and especially in the Summer, the incredible volume of traffic on 36 to/from Sandy Hook Recreation Area. Two, in the last couple of years a very large number of apt/condos have been built, are being built, and having access will help many who can not plug-in overnight. Although 90% of my charging is L2 at home, I was hoping for all of the residents of the plethora of new condos that the new WaWa in Middletown (opened this last weekend) would have also had at least a minimal number of chargers. Once upon a time it seemed that the equipment module set was multiples of two charger posts. The new one at Hazlet seems to be installed with a module of 4 per set. Whichever it is, it would seem that a minimal module located at each new Wawa could be a great thing given the housing units being constructed. I know that some of hardest part of the process is the permitting and support from JCP&L etc., Seems like if EVs are good public policy, those processes could be expedited.

Reactions: cascivic
Starting to expand into the northern NJ shore area! Which wawa will be next to help fill the gaps?
View attachment 963457
A new Wawa just opened in Middletown on 35 also. The parking lots at Marlboro and Red Bank are too small to get chargers. It's interesting that such a large portion of the jersey shore has no superchargers. Not even on the GSP rest stops. The only one currently is the outlets and they must get slammed during the summer with beach traffic.