Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Irvine, CA - Irvine Blvd (permit expired)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Guacahummus

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2020
Tex 📐
Marco found a permit for Superchargers at the Northwood Town Center shopping mall located at 4790 Irvine Blvd, Irvine, CA 92620. I imagine they'll be placed close to the EA station.

Scope:
(EPLAN) NORTHWOOD TOWN CENTER: PARKING LOT MOD W/ EV CHARGING STATIONS. *PRE-CON MEETING W/ INSEPCTOR REQUIRED BEFORE START OF WORK*

Link to permit below:
Permit#:​
App. Date​
Street Address​
Type​
DescriptionMapLot
10/13/2022​
4790 IRVINE BLVD
IRVINE, CA 92620​
Coml Parking Lot Mod PC​
(EPLAN) NORTHWOOD TOWN CENTER: PARKING LOT MOD W/ EV CHARGING STATIONS. *PRE-CON MEETING W/ INSEPCTOR REQUIRED BEFORE START OF WORK*​
79-613​
14​

I know many don't have a choice, but I don't think I could handle owning and EV in south OC without home or work charging.
I get what you're saying, but there are tons of EV chargers around. And it seems like new ones are being added on a consistent basis. Also depends what you consider South OC. For example, Irvine has a lot of EV chargers, but then south of Irvine, they are more sparse. Some people consider Irvine the last city in Central OC and some consider it South OC.

I get what you're saying, but there are tons of EV chargers around. And it seems like new ones are being added on a consistent basis. Also depends what you consider South OC. For example, Irvine has a lot of EV chargers, but then south of Irvine, they are more sparse. Some people consider Irvine the last city in Central OC and some consider it South OC.
Just judging by all the reports of full SCs in Irvine, as well as the EA sites. Got an earful about THE INFRASTRUCTURE ISN'T THERE from a e-tron driver when I wandered over to take a look at the EA site at Jeffrey and Trabuco. If I had to rely on DCFC, instead of readily available L2, it would add a lot of stress and wasted time, that's all.

I'm not in the area regularly enough to be able to pop the map open in the car and look at live usage info, though.

Edit: IMO the central/south divide is less geography and more about whether it was primarily built in the master-planned community era. So I consider Tustin and Costa Mesa "central" and Irvine "south" even though there is some overlap.

Last edited:
I'm not in the area regularly enough to be able to pop the map open in the car and look at live usage info, though.

Off topic but I just learned that the new mobile app update allows you to view supercharger usage outside of your area by simply moving around the map and zooming in. Can also send supercharger directions to the car that way FYI

Reactions: Falcon73 and B5Bob
This permit has expired.
1702515929735.png