Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Knightdale, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_7078.jpeg

It appears to be operational as there are no bags on any of the chargers. I’m not in a Tesla today to test out though.

Reactions: Guacahummus
The picture I saw 3 days ago on the FB group appears to show that this location is still missing the big green transformer and wires coming out of the ground (It would be to the left of the picture by @voyou). Unless Duke Energy was working over the weekend I would guess that we still have a few more days/weeks before this site goes live even though it looks complete.

3 days ago picture by someone else on FB:
1693170736312.png

Last edited:
No update as of today. Surprised they aren’t adding the magic dock
I dont think there are going to be many more magic dock installs since almost every other manufacturer have now adopted the NACS standard. Magic dock connectors were needed when CCS and Tesla plug were still in competition but now that NACS (Tesla plug) has won there is no reason for them to install new chargers with a "dying" connector. Come 2025+ there wont be any new cars in USA with a CCS plug and everyone with an existing car with CCS should be able to use an adapter and charge at any V3 or newer Supercharger.

I was hoping it would be a V4 supercharger with 350 kW speeds and a credit card reader but it looks like the first North America location is going to be in Oregon. Link.

On topic to this location, I hope it doesn't turn into the Jessup, MD location and start having grass growing out of the transformer concrete pad. 🌱 Maybe this will be the week the transformer gets installed. 🤞

I dont think there are going to be many more magic dock installs since almost every other manufacturer have now adopted the NACS standard. Magic dock connectors were needed when CCS and Tesla plug were still in competition but now that NACS (Tesla plug) has won there is no reason for them to install new chargers with a "dying" connector. Come 2025+ there wont be any new cars in USA with a CCS plug and everyone with an existing car with CCS should be able to use an adapter and charge at any V3 or newer Supercharger.

I was hoping it would be a V4 supercharger with 350 kW speeds and a credit card reader but it looks like the first North America location is going to be in Oregon. Link.

On topic to this location, I hope it doesn't turn into the Jessup, MD location and start having grass growing out of the transformer concrete pad. 🌱 Maybe this will be the week the transformer gets installed. 🤞
I thought the same initially with the magic docks, but it seems Tesla has been adding more and more sites over the past couple weeks.

Looks like the permit site says it's still at 69% complete, but hey progress is progress!! I'll need to drive by later to see if the lights on top of the stalls are glowing! Heh, I was across the road during lunch and didn't think to check out the progress.

Looks like the permit site says it's still at 69% complete, but hey progress is progress!! I'll need to drive by later to see if the lights on top of the stalls are glowing! Heh, I was across the road during lunch and didn't think to check out the progress.
I drove by last night. Tesla pedestal lights were not illuminated (no power to chargers) and the meter was still at all 0's so Tesla hasn't come by to test/commission yet. Hopefully on Monday 🤞

• Informative
Reactions: LoL-Gas and Thinkje
Just charged here and it was active.. was the 1st person according to the power meter usage. 😁 App showed 10 of 11 stalls available but no one else was charging when I pulled up. Maybe the predictive charger availability was in play, I didn't test each pedestal to see if they were all working.
I had max speed of only 72 kW but I was at 65% SoC and battery was cold so I don't think I was a good test candidate for max speed testing 😊 I'm sure this location has no issues reaching it's max 250 kW with the proper vehicle and conditions but that isn't my MS90D

A few photos from my charge on Monday. Light beside stall 1A was the only parking lot light that wasn't on 30 minutes past sunset. Mention it in my supercharging session feedback via the app. Also the first time I encountered the Free Supercharging Transfer offer in the car's UI. In the transformer pic, notice the sidewalk. When I was plugging in I heard people talking nearby and looked toward the parking lot to see where they were, turns out they were walking along the sidewalk behind the shrubbery.

Attachments

• SuperchargingTransfer.jpg
    SuperchargingTransfer.jpg
    328 KB · Views: 26
  • LightBeside1A.jpg
    LightBeside1A.jpg
    484.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 3CVanAccessible.jpg
    3CVanAccessible.jpg
    543.8 KB · Views: 21
  • WalkingBack.jpg
    WalkingBack.jpg
    576.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 1ACloseUp.jpg
    1ACloseUp.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 20
  • ParkingLotViewFrom1A.jpg
    ParkingLotViewFrom1A.jpg
    724.3 KB · Views: 22
  • ViewOfTransformerFrom1A.jpg
    ViewOfTransformerFrom1A.jpg
    952.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 1A.jpg
    1A.jpg
    631.7 KB · Views: 19
A few photos from my charge on Monday. Light beside stall 1A was the only parking lot light that wasn't on 30 minutes past sunset. Mention it in my supercharging session feedback via the app. Also the first time I encountered the Free Supercharging Transfer offer in the car's UI. In the transformer pic, notice the sidewalk. When I was plugging in I heard people talking nearby and looked toward the parking lot to see where they were, turns out they were walking along the sidewalk behind the shrubbery.
If you're headed west on Business US-64 (Knightdale Blvd), get in the left left turn lane at the light for your turn onto Widewaters Parkway, that'll feed you into the left turn lane on Widewaters which feeds you in behind the Superchargers. If you're headed east on Business US-64 when you turn right onto Widewaters Parkway you'll want to get in that left turn lane as soon as you make the turn.

Last edited:
Tesla WiFi now at this location!

I saw an out of place looking pole with something mounted to the top of it at the far end of this supercharger location, unfortunately I didn't take a picture of the device but it looks like they installed Tesla WiFi and my car automatically connected to it at this location.

1704213167624.jpeg

It's a cool little convenience feature for those without premium connectivity and want to be entertained while charging or for people who dont have WiFi at home and need to download an update. 👍 Thanks Tesla!

Last edited: