Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Knightdale, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A new 11-stall V3 Supercharger is coming to Knightdale. The address matches the Lowes Foods just off Knightdale Blvd. Link to permit.

Screenshot 2023-06-02 at 9.41.54 AM.png

Great find!

I drive past this area frequently and was expecting the Sheetz that is like 1/8th mile down the road to get a SuC location so I always drive extra slow past it to look for any signs but I guess I was wrong on it's potential future location. 🤣

1685758782912.png

I'll try to keep you guys posted if I see some construction started in the Lowes' parking lot.

Edit: Also to note that parking lot kind of sucks since it is rather small for the amount of stores there. I can't really imagine anywhere in that parking lot that would be good for charging, maybe on the side/back? :( Please see my picture with expert MS paint drawing skills. I guess it's too late for them to move the spot so this should be an interesting location.

1685759676000.png

Last edited:
Great find!

I drive past this area frequently and was expecting the Sheetz that is like 1/8th mile down the road to get a SuC location so I always drive extra slow past it to look for any signs but I guess I was wrong on it's potential future location. 🤣

View attachment 943467

I'll try to keep you guys posted if I see some construction started in the Lowes' parking lot.

Edit: Also to note that parking lot kind of sucks since it is rather small for the amount of stores there. I can't really imagine anywhere in that parking lot that would be good for charging, maybe on the side/back? :( Please see my picture with expert MS paint drawing skills. I guess it's too late for them to move the spot so this should be an interesting location.

View attachment 943468
Your blue section would match the Supercharger location at the Lowes Foods in Mooresville off I-77. I'm sure it also has to do with what the property owner decides.

Any possibility it could be being built in the vacant lot between Discount Tire and the Sheetz? I drive by there each week, and it is now an active construction zone. All they have done so far is clear and level the ground, so it could be anything at this point.

Any possibility it could be being built in the vacant lot between Discount Tire and the Sheetz? I drive by there each week, and it is now an active construction zone. All they have done so far is clear and level the ground, so it could be anything at this point.
Appears that is going to be a Panera Bread. Link to a few permits at 6800 Knightdale blvd

Screenshot via: Development Projects | Town of Knightdale, NC
1688130512235.png

• Informative
Reactions: GMW93
Whoa, that was quick and it looks like they mean business! ⚡The 3 Supercharger cabinets are already on site!!! I had been following the progress of the permit and didn't expect anything more than some spray paint on the ground but I guess the site isn't updated as fast as the construction crews are moving.

The "pin" for the supercharge.info location needs to be tweaked as it appears that they plan to build on the edge of the lot and not the middle:
1689283750682.png

@corywright @Big Earl

Whoa, that was quick and it looks like they mean business! ⚡The 3 Supercharger cabinets are already on site!!! I had been following the progress of the permit and didn't expect anything more than some spray paint on the ground but I guess the site isn't updated as fast as the construction crews are moving.

The "pin" for the supercharge.info location needs to be tweaked as it appears that they plan to build on the edge of the lot and not the middle:
View attachment 955997

@corywright @Big Earl
Yes, the supercharger is being installed in that red box.

Reactions: DavidAsheville
I stopped by on Saturday to snag some more pics and be nosy since I assumed there wouldn't be any workers there. The crew is wasting no time to get things installed. Check out the printed and shipped date on the purchase order tag and it looks like most of the conduit is already in place. Even though the site will be v3, the cabinet is "H" revision I haven't seen before (1450758-00-H).

It's gonna be a nice spot to charge with a few fast food and grocery store options but a little off the main traveling highways. Green space for pets is a little lacking but there is a sidewalk that goes to the south to a neighborhood that I see people walking on frequently. This locations still isn't on the Tesla "Find Us" page so it looks like it's going to be a little bonus location that most people don't know about until it opens. Let's Go Tesla! ⚡⚡⚡

1689557358690.jpeg20230715_120043.jpg20230715_120142.jpg20230715_120204.jpg20230715_120225.jpg

I stopped by on Saturday to snag some more pics and be nosy since I assumed there wouldn't be any workers there. The crew is wasting no time to get things installed. Check out the printed and shipped date on the purchase order tag and it looks like most of the conduit is already in place. Even though the site will be v3, the cabinet is "H" revision I haven't seen before (1450758-00-H).

It's gonna be a nice spot to charge with a few fast food and grocery store options but a little off the main traveling highways. Green space for pets is a little lacking but there is a sidewalk that goes to the south to a neighborhood that I see people walking on frequently. This locations still isn't on the Tesla "Find Us" page so it looks like it's going to be a little bonus location that most people don't know about until it opens. Let's Go Tesla! ⚡⚡⚡

View attachment 956890View attachment 956892View attachment 956893View attachment 956894View attachment 956895
Also nice if you get a flat tire there’s a Discount Tire in the shopping center lol.

View attachment 956890View attachment 956892View attachment 956893View attachment 956894View attachment 956895
I have to assume they are going to revise the max voltage on v3 installs soon. Surely they won't keep installing them with max 500v. Maybe this is it? :)

I have to assume they are going to revise the max voltage on v3 installs soon. Surely they won't keep installing them with max 500v. Maybe this is it? :)
I sure hope they do. If cybertruck is really about to be sold in large quantities, they’ve got to do something to speed charging times. Only logical step is to adopt 800V+. Supposedly it’s going to be capable of up to 1000V, but idk how realistic that is.

LOL, seems like a lot of interest in this location! Not sure if it's because of the popular location or because more people have Teslas now but between the picture above, and the other person I saw get out of a mini-van to take a picture and myself that makes at least 3 people checking on the status today around 1-2pm on Sunday. 🤣 No "magic dock" station here all of the visable handles look to be the normal v3 style.

No transformer on site yet but the pad it poured and the wires are pulled:
1691351211832.jpeg

The 3 charging cabinets are in place:
1691351248913.jpeg

6 of the 11 pedestals are already installed. This is going to be a weird locations since there will be 3 different configurations of charging stalls.
7x "back in" type with the equipment behind you in the grass,
3x "back in" type with the equipment next to the car (on the white line)
1x "pull in" type

1691351355927.jpeg