Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rancho Cucamonga, CA - Foothill Blvd. (LIVE 22 Sep 2021, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by yesterday at Noods and there is no sign of any constructions at this plaza yet. The parking lot is almost half full on a Thursday night now that Luxe and U Grill Korean BBQ is open for indoor dining. Both restaurants look completely packed with people waiting outside.

I was there for Kung Fu Tea when I noticed that Tesla was delivering equipments today. The site is is being prepped.
1625094921368.png
1625094847495.png

1625094805566.png

Last edited:
Nice find! Where exactly in the parking lot was the construction? I can't tell from looking at the pictures you uploaded.

@Chuq @MarcoRP @corywright
It's next to Combine Kitchen in L shape. One side along Foothill blvd and the other side along the entrance to the area opposite from U Grill. In the last picture, Combine kitchen is on the left. Right is toward U Grill.
1625096606748.png

Last edited:
7/15 lunch. Stopped into Combine for some coffee.

The excavator that was present last week is gone. Trenching on south side adjacent to Foothill is done. Not sure about the west side adjacent to U Grill.

South adjacent to Foothill
IMG_20210715_130216.jpg

Looking south, west side on the right, across from U Grill. Cabinets and pedestals blocking view.

IMG_20210715_130708__01.jpg

This will be a big boost to the plaza which was half full of not even less for years. things were on the uptick until pandemic hit. Have been a patron of Combine for years and they are likely now the longest lasting tennant.

The chargers are just behind the fence, behind that red Car (across from Ugrill).
IMG_20210715_131513.jpg

The south side cabinets are adjacent to Combine's rear door by their bathroom.

IMG_20210715_132442.jpg

Last edited:
Sat 8/7 3am update. it was quite dark seems one of parking lights is now disconnected. Pics kind of suck.

IMG_20210807_035418__01.jpg

Trenches are filled. Concrete pedestal bases are installed...it's clear now that they are going to be pull in stalls. I count 7 stalls along Foothill Blvd running east west. There is probably one stall hidden from view in the pic. Three doesn't appear to be any pull through stalls across either.

IMG_20210807_035619__01.jpg

There are no stalls running north south adjacent to U Grill. The trench here was just to run conduit.

I'm thinking this is going to be an 8 stall like Temecula Parkway SuC. With 8 stalls Tesla is banking on Eastvale alleviating Rancho VG which really isn't happening. Rancho VG is still pretty much 100% full from late afternoon to 10 pm M to F and 12 noon to 12 midnight on weekends. This will help the VG but as more and more cars are still sold... I think it will be a matter of time before VG is full again or if the lease at VG is up.

Reactions: mociaf9 and JWM3
Went by Mon Aug 9 for some coffee just after lunch.

Now clearly 8 stalls are seen. Pedestals going up. Cabinets are installed. It's getting very close.

Stall 1 by the back door of Combine Kitchen. Looks like a disabled back in stall. Cabinets are in.
IMG_20210809_132300.jpg

Stalls 2 thru 8 pull in stalls.
IMG_20210809_132033__01.jpg

I think the transformer pad is behind the white truck???

IMG_20210809_132130.jpg

I'll try to go out there on Wed again.

Wed just before 9 am, stopped by for some coffee. All the pedestals are in. Cabinets were open and workers were wiring the cabinets to the pedestals. It's getting close.

IMG_20210811_084836__01.jpg

Fencing across from U Grill has been removed. Clearly no chargers. The trenching was done to access the existing transformer hidden between the bushes and the wall across from U Grill. transformer is already existing so perhaps no new transformer needed? This could be very very close to completion.

IMG_20210811_090536__01.jpg

Last edited:
Update Sat 8/14, 1am. L'Auberge Bakery and Market finally has their sign up on the building.

As for the SuC, progress appears to be about the same.

IMG_20210814_005854.jpg

The real revelation is that the transformer pad is now revealed (bottom right of top pic) and a transformer is indeed needed. It is at the southwest corner of the lot blocked by trucks and equipment in the previous pictures. So looks like the main feed was taken existing transformer, run to the charging station transformer pad and then to the cabinets.

IMG_20210814_010001__01.jpg

Empty transformer pad above.

I think my next visit will be Tuesday... Usually really need a coffee on Tuesdays.

Went by today for a coffee today. Landscaping by the cabinets is complete, but may have already been, but I just didn't notice it the other night. Aside from that not much has changed. Transformer is still missing.

The disabled stall is a back in, but the other 7 are pull in. The turn in is a little tight because of the pole front of the charger. one of the poles was already marred by a black car.

Not sure why this wasn't a back in design.

IMG_20210901_133716__01.jpg

IMG_20210901_131807_Bokeh__01.jpg

Went by today for a coffee today. Landscaping by the cabinets is complete, but may have already been, but I just didn't notice it the other night. Aside from that not much has changed. Transformer is still missing.

The disabled stall is a back in, but the other 7 are pull in. The turn in is a little tight because of the pole front of the charger. one of the poles was already marred by a black car.

Not sure why this wasn't a back in design.

Back-in pedestals can be installed either between the cars perpendicular to the curb, or parallel to and behind the curb. The latter was probably not chosen because of the mature landscaping behind the curb.