Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Reno, NV - Wedge Pkwy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On Saturday March 30th, took advantage of a break in the weather when passing by.

Looking West - switch gear and transformer pad in place, the last of the major physical installation before transformer (though need wiring done and inspected before calling the power company).
IMG_5416.JPG

Looking Northwest-ish. Covers back on pedestals so the DC wiring must be done, spools of 480/277 volt AC wiring (Brown, Orange, Yellow for the 3 phases, with Gray neutral) visible, ready to wire V3 electronics cabinets to switchgear.
IMG_5417.JPG

Passed by late Monday the 22nd. At first, appeared to be unchanged.
But some subtle things became apparent.

Looking North West.
As TahoeTeal mentioned, the pedestals are wrapped in plastic, but the ones at the South end have been backfilled. Note off to right next to skid-steer, nearly empty cable spools of the brown-orange-yellow-gray 277/480 volt AC wiring - so the AC wiring from switchgear to V3 electronics cabinets is likely done. Trench across foreground is covered in asphalt paving.
IMG_5450.JPG

Looking East
I had noticed a couple "sonotubes" (cardboard cylindrical concrete forms commonly used for light pole bases), and went around to where I thought one is going to be emplaced. No hole there (yet), but walking further along I noticed something really odd. The oval V3 style pedestal bases had rectangular concrete poured around them. Perhaps this is (part of) the reason for wrapping pedestals in plastic - applying asphalt pavement would be another.
Is this future-proofing for V4 pedestals? A place to mount bollards?
IMG_5451.JPG

Looking about due West.
One of the surmised light pole bases is going in - under the fence segment laying roughly flat is a hole, at least 4 feet deep by my estimation (couldn't clearly see the bottom).
The skid-steer auger attachment is to the left (skid steer's bucket visible), along with some dirt likely from the hole.
Sonotubes in foreground.
So, without the light poles in place and wired up, they can't call for final electrical, which means they can't call for the transformer. But some subtle progress is being made.
IMG_5452.JPG