Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Colorado Springs, CO - N Cascade Ave

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Guacahummus

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2020
Tex 📐

Attachments

• 1702827023423.png
    1702827023423.png
    222 KB · Views: 92
I've never been to the CO Springs service center, but do they have the space to put some publicly-available Superchargers? That would put a station sort of on the south side, but maybe they think that's too close to the downtown station. The Superior CO showroom/service center has 16 Supercharger stalls.

I've never been to the CO Springs service center, but do they have the space to put some publicly-available Superchargers? That would put a station sort of on the south side, but maybe they think that's too close to the downtown station. The Superior CO showroom/service center has 16 Supercharger stalls.
No. Parking at the Colorado Springs service center is VERY limited and tight. It is crammed in on a relatively small lot.

• Informative
Reactions: electrons4u
I'm worried this location won't be any better as far as congestion. I stopped by Saturday about noon and 80% of the parking lot is full. Knock out 12 spots for superchargers and this parking lot will be basically full.

It will be easy to ice these and feel okay about it because there might not be any other spots remaining.

I'm worried this location won't be any better as far as congestion. I stopped by Saturday about noon and 80% of the parking lot is full. Knock out 12 spots for superchargers and this parking lot will be basically full.

It will be easy to ice these and feel okay about it because there might not be any other spots remaining.
80% full is common for this parking lot, sometimes even 100%. The location is also further off the freeway than is optimal. The brewery, coffee shop, and especially the bakery there are all good, but what about bathrooms? Before 11am on Sundays and after the brewery closes, between 8pm and 10pm depending on the day, there aren't any publicly accessible restrooms there as far as I know. This doesn't seem like a good location for people road tripping along I-25. For people driving on trips, either a little south of Colorado Springs or west of town on highway 24 would be better. Maybe it's more for people who live in the area, and don't have convenient charging in their homes?

For after hours Monument is probably the best stop for bathrooms and convenience at the moment.

This new location is still better than the downtown one, so a welcome improvement and it adds capacity overall in this area, but I do agree it's probably third best for road tripping (with Monument and Forest Bluffs being better options).

I pick my Superchargers based on coffee and food options so I'd pick this one any day, even if it adds another 5-10 minutes.

Attachments

• 2024,0211_Pre-ApplicationProcessingStatus.png
    2024,0211_Pre-ApplicationProcessingStatus.png
    106.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Informative
Reactions: TexasDuke