Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Robbinsville, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Found this on PlugShare. It seems like someone might have found a possible Supercharger construction in Robbinsville, New Jersey. This location is at a QuickChek gas station and convenience store located at the intersections of Highway 95 and 195. It seems there are two types of construction here, one being a Supercharging station on the west side of parking lot and on the north side there being some CHAdeMO/CCS chargers being installed, possibly Electrify America?

Can someone nearby take a drive through here and see if this description is correct? Also please take photos of the construction (if there is any) and post them here. Will add to supercharge.info when there is sufficient proof.
5FB2F5F1-AD3B-4CBB-8D33-AB46B8A2E2C6.jpeg

I agree, any SuperCharger site is helpful, but this one seems very close to Hamilton, and not much farther than Bordentown. I was just in Montreal the past two days but drove an ICE SUV as the weather forcecast was miserable and I wasn't sure the condition of the roadways after winter. In hindsight glad I didn't take the S

I'm probably closer (it's about an hour away). I'll try to take a drive down there tomorrow or Monday if I have time and if the weather isn't too bad, unless someone else posts pics first.

Thx, @theflyer, but I'm on the far side of PA so I won't be there anytime soon and @JSergeant can most likely make the trek. Thankfully it won't be live yet otherwise I'll slip yet another one farther behind him. =)

I agree, any SuperCharger site is helpful, but this one seems very close to Hamilton, and not much farther than Bordentown. I was just in Montreal the past two days but drove an ICE SUV as the weather forcecast was miserable and I wasn't sure the condition of the roadways after winter. In hindsight glad I didn't take the S

Hamilton Marketplace is an old site (4/22/2014) with only 6 stalls.
Consider it an expansion.

So this is what seems to be the Robbinsville Supercharger. I’m guessing it will be 6 stalls judging by 6 conduits sticking out. Behind the excavator you will also notice some conduits sticking out (transformers). Photo by Jeff on PlugShare.
F9142BFA-93EF-420A-B735-B60F9631058C.jpeg

Reactions: mociaf9
Got off the Turnpike heading down 195 I saw the Quick Check last night on the way to my Mom's. I was thinking how they've been building out the WAWA's and Quick Checks with Superchargers this would be a bit of a waste being so close to Hamilton. LoL guess I was wrong. The WAWA next to Great Adventure would have made a better choice now that I think of it.

Also noticed the Molly Pitcher rest area actually had a line of 4 or 5 cars waiting. I don't I've ever seen it have more than 1 or 2 charging at it., let alone waiting to charge.

Hamilton Marketplace is an old site (4/22/2014) with only 6 stalls.
Consider it an expansion.

Yes, I travel I-95 r.t. between Nyack and Baltimore every 4-6 weeks, charging at Hamilton each way (for the Panera, which has enough variety for picky eaters in my family). In the past 5 trips, I've had to wait for a stall twice (40%), one time almost a half hour in the freezing cold while my heat was on and battery down to 17%. A backup plan will be welcome.

New information: the construction crew is currently waiting on Tesla, which is currently suffering from a lack of parts/equipment. One of the electricians stated that it will take them about 1 month to build the location, and some time for it to be activated. They are also waiting on a transformer from PSE&G. Someone at the gas station also confirmed that QuickChek was only collaborating with Tesla, and couldn’t confirm that they’re working with Electrify America.
Creds again to user Jeff on PlugShare

Reactions: vdiv
Robbinsville, NJ

Along Primary Interstates: I-95
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-130
Along Auxiliary Interstates: I-195

I-95:
To: East Brunswick N Only, NJ - 20.2 miles
Diversion: 5.4 miles*
To: Woodbridge, NJ - 34 miles

* Weird looping intersection to come off and get on I-95/NJ Turnpike there.