Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Syracuse, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update with pictures

Left work early to go check on progress, but to my surprise, the guys were gone already. In fact, it looks so clean, I think they might have moved on to the next project (Buffalo?), while waiting for parts/inspection since not all stalls are finished.

Supercharger hardware has been installed tho, and tent has been removed.

9MpITaO.jpg

More pictures (won't embed them so I don't kill mobile users): 1 2 3 4 5

Glad the number helped you!. I just got a response from the Parking Services Director@
Binghamton University (Susan Crane). She gave me the charger number that I am to use as well as the access code. I will plan on topping off just before we leave unless the Syracuse SC is up in which case I'll just go to 90%.

Some more progress was made (still a clean site, and no crew anywhere). Several more stations have been finished (1 unfinished remaining), and locking doors have been installed.

oedacbD.jpg

URlCl1w.jpg

yEhdEPr.jpg

Do they test these stations with a real vehicle? If so, anyone know if they invite a local, or if they have special test equipment?

Typically they send a technician with a Tesla to test it. If locals are around they usually will let them charge. Looks like they need the paving contractor before they do any testing.
Thanks for the update!

Last edited:
Based on what I've heard/seen, it could be several more weeks before this charger comes online (missing parts, curb damage due to cold weather, paving). Cold weather really caused some issues here, but maybe they can do some repair/paving in the next few days while it warms up.

I might be able to stop there Thursday and post an update.

Based on what I've heard/seen, it could be several more weeks before this charger comes online (missing parts, curb damage due to cold weather, paving). Cold weather really caused some issues here, but maybe they can do some repair/paving in the next few days while it warms up.

I might be able to stop there Thursday and post an update.

For the life of me, I don't know why they even attempted northern SCs during the winter. Do the southern ones in the winter and the northern ones in the summer. What a bunch of wasted time and money on this supercharger. 3 could have been built in milder climates. And in the summer, when it is scorching in the South, the weather would have been MUCH nicer in Syracuse.

Only thing I can think of is that the crew is following a certain path, and that it's more expensive to move the crew & support hardware back and forth than just trying to make it happen in the northern states.

Even by Syracuse standards, this was a harsh winter IMO.

I stopped by the Syracuse supercharger location today. EVenthusiast and I had arranged to meet there. You certainly couldn't ask for a location closer to the NYS Thruway!

Below is a picture of my P85D in front of the charging stalls.

Syracuse Supercharger.jpg