Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ventura, CA (LIVE 29 Jun 2023, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes it is live . @corywright
IMG_9329.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: corywright
There is a Dawn Redwood tree at this site. It is deciduous and so it is beautifully green at the moment. This is a very rare tree that covered much of this continent during the time of the dinosaurs. This species was extinct in the americas for 15 million years until a Japanese fellow found a stand of these in 1940, in China! This particular tree was planted by the Dudley family whose Victorian home used to sit at this location. The home has been saved and moved one block to the north. While your car is charging consider taking a walk north on Ashwood to see the old Dudley house. When the Dudley’s deeded this property over to the city many years ago, the contract stated that this tree may never be cut down. It is quite a marvel!

"In 1947 Harvard University’s Arnold Arboretum sent another expedition to China to collect seed from these newly discovered redwoods. Despite a government ban, scientists accompanied by armed guards collected four pounds of seed and sent them to Boston. By 1948 this seed was being distributed to botanic gardens and universities across the world, most certainly saving the Dawn Redwood from extinction. Now, 60-plus years later, the beauteous Dawn Redwood is a popular landscape tree here and abroad.
Unfortunately, in nature, the Dawn Redwood is restricted to only a few small and scattered stands in China. The World Conservation Union has classified it as “critically endangered” due to human encroachment".
IMG_9331.jpeg

Last edited:
Talk about Icing!! These guys have a weekly meeting at Denny's in Ventura. Even though there is plenty of space to park elsewhere in the parking lot, they think it's funny to block the chargers. I asked them about this and they told me that the Denny's manager told them that they can park there.
IMG_9781.jpeg

Talk about Icing!! These guys have a weekly meeting at Denny's in Ventura. Even though there is plenty of space to park elsewhere in the parking lot, they think it's funny to block the chargers. I asked them about this and they told me that the Denny's manager told them that they can park there.

Age mental of the drivers....?

Or just doing what our Political Leaders do....

Last edited: