Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Waiting List Feature

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it would be useful to have a feature in car for charging stations when they are full, supporting an in car on screen list registration.

When someone is done charging the first person who added themselves to the charging list and their car stayed within x distance of the chargers is the only person who can start charging. This would avoid the issues associated with just having to be lucky when someone finishes thy you are her the charger they are leaving.

You can only add your car to the list if you are present at the supercharger.

You are removed from the car wait list if your car leaves the supercharger area.

You are removed from the car list if/when it’s your turn you don’t acknowledge that you still intend to charge through on screen prompt/confirmation and you must start charging within x minutes of the available charger unless you confirm that someone else pulled into the spot and you are waiting for them to exit.

The Tesla charging should only start for the next person in the list at the superchargers.

I know there are a lot more particulars but you’ll get the basics of the concept. Several times I have been at busy charging stations and have experienced the concept of, "I was the nearest to the open spot so it's mine!" ... This is stupid (people) and it's likely to eventually get violent or have road rage incidents associated (if not already).

Reactions: gbailey
Haven't had to wait on a SC yet in my 3 months of ownership in the Nashville TN area (with trips to Knoxville TN and Atlanta GA). Consider myself lucky, as I think I would be pretty PO'd if someone snagged an open spot after I had been clearly waiting longer than them.

Guess I'm that sort of person. Get PO'd at people that think they're special in traffic like a blocked lane in traffic where people are merging over and they fly up right to the where the block is and dive in wether someone is going to let them or not. Infuriating... ggrrrr. Making myself angry here heh :mad:

Some sort of order would be much nicer than free for all hoping for civility from others