Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - West Memphis, AR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Guacahummus

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2020
Tex 📐

Attachments

• 1712503112370.png
    1712503112370.png
    368 KB · Views: 9
It would be nice to have a charging option on the west side of Memphis. I expected it to show up at the Bass Pro Shop pyramid, though.

I think that if it was going to happen there, it would have happened earlier. Memphis was a problem for a long time, but Southaven, MS and Memphis - Germantown Pkwy, TN has eased the pressure somewhat.

But if this is a wider agreement with Cracker Barrel that could be very significant.

Reactions: LoudMusic
I think that if it was going to happen there, it would have happened earlier. Memphis was a problem for a long time, but Southaven, MS and Memphis - Germantown Pkwy, TN has eased the pressure somewhat.

But if this is a wider agreement with Cracker Barrel that could be very significant.

I'm amazed Cracker Barrel didn't get in on DCFC years ago. They could game the system a little and install chargers that are just fast enough to be useful, but also slow enough to keep people in the retail portion of their business a little longer.

I'm amazed Cracker Barrel didn't get in on DCFC years ago. They could game the system a little and install chargers that are just fast enough to be useful, but also slow enough to keep people in the retail portion of their business a little longer.
Cracker Barrel had an agreement with Blink fast charging 10 years ago in Tennessee. It didn’t go well. People ICEd the chargers, Blink chargers are always on the Fritz and Nissan Leafs and Mitsubishi iMievs were the only compatible cars.

Reactions: Jeff Hudson
West Memphis, AR

Host Type: Restaurant
Host: Cracker Barrel
Along Primary Interstates: I-40, I-55, I-69
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-61, US-64, US-70
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-40

To: Memphis - S Highland St, TN - 14.5 miles (Permit)
Diversion: 0.6 miles
To: Memphis, TN - 25.5 miles

I-55

To: Miner, MO (v2) - 135.4 miles
Diversion: 1.4 miles
From: Memphis - Elvis Presley Blvd, TN - 16.6 miles (Permit)
To: Cape Girardeau, MO - 167.2 miles

Future I-69 (on current fastest alternative, will not actually be on I-69)

To: Southaven, MS - 21.6 miles
Diversion: 0.5 miles
To: Union City, TN - 121 miles

US-61

From: Memphis - Elvis Presley Blvd, TN - 18.2 miles (Permit)
To: Miner, MO (v2) - 144.4 miles
Diversion: 1.4 miles
To: Cape Girardeau, MO - 179.3 miles

US-64

To: Memphis - S Highland St, TN - 17.5 miles (Permit)
Diversion: 0.2 miles
To: Memphis - North Germantown Pkwy, TN - 26.6 miles

US-70

To: Memphis - S Highland St, TN - 18.4 miles (Permit)
Diversion: 2.2 miles
To: Memphis - North Germantown Pkwy, TN - 27.5 miles

1 of 3 NEVI Arkansas locations awarded to Tesla, all at Cracker Barrel.
West Memphis was long crying out for a Supercharger to serve I-40 and I-55. Just a shame it has taken so long.
(I list it here as being on I-69 only because there are is no current funding to build out I-69 in Arkansas so the fastest route between the southern and northern sections takes takes I-30 and I-40 across Arkansas).

If this is the beginning of a wider agreement with Cracker Barrel, that's a lot of potential locations. Over 650 locations in 45 states.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: vanjwilson