Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging Error

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my wife went to charge her Model X at a Tesla Supercharger. Two different locations at multiple different ports gave the same error. Voltage error with charger. Please reset or something along those lines. Could not charge the car. Ultimately was towed. Service could find nothing wrong with the car. She has charged the car a million times. Anyone have the same experience? Service blamed the charging stations but there were cars using the same spots she tried. 2020 Model X 36,000 miles.

Yes. In fact a few cars charged on ports where she couldn't. They couldn't find any issues with the car. Totally bizarre. That said, probably will be renting an ICE for the occasional road trip.

Did she try at a known working station?

I ask, because the stations she used may have been in trouble, hence the reason they were available.

If it happens again, make sure she takes a picture with her phone.
Did she try at a known working station?

I ask, because the stations she used may have been in trouble, hence the reason they were available.

If it happens again, make sure she takes a picture with her phone.

Yes. In fact a few cars charged on ports where she couldn't. They couldn't find any issues with the car. Totally bizarre. That said, probably will be renting an ICE for the occasional road trip.
I would not recommend renting an ICE because the problem with the car needs to be fixed.
Is it working now? Is it reliable now?

Something as simple as a reboot could have resolved it.

Crap happens, even in an ICE. I had a new Ford driving down the Interstate one day and it just stopped. Does that mean that I shouldn't trust it anymore?

I would not recommend renting an ICE because the problem with the car needs to be fixed.

Crap happens, even in an ICE. I had a new Ford driving down the Interstate one day and it just stopped. Does that mean that I shouldn't trust it anymore?

It is under warrenty for another 20,000 miles thankfully. Hopefully the software update took care of it. That said, have had lousy luck with them lately. My 2019 S had the main battery fail. Luckily that was at 49,500 miles. Just bought the extended warrenty. Will see!